Photo

Do You Tip at Sonic?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

I didn't know you just get a drink. And no I wouldn't tip 2-3 bucks on that. But if I bought a meal then yes I do. When I lived in STL every morning I got a drink and a burrito thingy and I tipped every morning to the same girl. She was so happy I tipped her. And it makes me feel good. Sorry!

#12 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:13 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CaliaA07
      I didn't know you just get a drink. And no I wouldn't tip 2-3 bucks on that. But if I bought a meal then yes I do. When I lived in STL every morning I got a drink and a burrito thingy and I tipped every morning to the same girl. She was so happy I tipped her. And it makes me feel good. Sorry!
      Why are you apologizing? In my first post, I wrote that I picked up a drink...but that can easily be skipped over.

I was asking for opinions, I don't think there is any reason to apologize for giving yours.

#13 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
      • 272 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

Reading this made me want some Sonic. Theres on 20 min from me but I never go to it.

#14 KarmaB

KarmaB
        • 796 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by starchild
          Omg Omg Omg remember awhile back I started a Sonic thread because I am jealous of everyone who lives near one?

WELL, when we went to Disneyland for our anniversary there was a Sonic like 5 miles away and WE WENT! I agree with everyone who recommended the cherry limeade, wowsers!!! I wish they sold that by the liter!

And no, we didn't tip...but I did take pictures because it was so monumental for me...LOL
          I would trade you sonic for In-and-Out any day. I'm a California girl and miss it so much!!

And no, I don't tip at Sonic.

#15 Kryztan

Kryztan
          • 743 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

I have one like 3 minutes away...I love their drinks, but try to lay off so I can get in shape I heart happy hour!!!!!!!!Its hard to pass by without getting a drink!

#16 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

I always try to tip even if it's just some change. I love the strawberry limeade! It's amazing! I hate their food though BLAH. Of course I hate fast food for the most part. I know I am so not a good American.

#17 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
                I would trade you sonic for In-and-Out any day. I'm a California girl and miss it so much!!

And no, I don't tip at Sonic.
                OMG Amen to that! I'm a cali girl too. Inn and out is the best

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

We don't have any near us, but on a trip to south carolina we saw a sonic sign on the highway & crossed two lanes of traffic to exit. I love their food.

What I really miss though is whataburger chickenstrips & gravy. One time we flew in to texas & landed at 9am. But to us it felt like lunch time because we had been up since 4am eastern so we went straight for whataburger & got big meals. We were so gitty that they probably thought we were high.

mmm their ketchup is the best too.

OK back to the topic- I lived by a sonic with a drive thru in college so I didn't tip. I'd probably just tip my left over change if they brought it to my car. More if I had to ask for them to go back & get something like more ketchup.

When I made minimum wage someone gave me $5 before christmas & I was so thrilled. It was like a bonus hour of pay!

#19 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

girls what is Sonic? i have never heard of it before?

fast food? burgers? WHAT IS IT?

#20 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                    • 794 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:02 AM

Yes, it's fast food...burgers, chicken fingers, chili pies, foot long chili dogs, etc. I just love their drinks. half of their menu is drinks....strawberry limeades, cherry limeades, they put fresh fruit in them, ocean waters, I could go on and on :) They have yummy drinks!! Their biggest size is a route 44oz. I can drink it all!
                      HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                      http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users