Jump to content

Photo

Do You Tip at Sonic?


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

    Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

    I just picked up a drink from Sonic and the guy kinda lingered around....I paid with my card at the machine and didn't have any cash. Besides, I don't tip the car hops....only because they make at least min. wage and I only tip (very well at that) when the person doesn't make at least min. wage (waitress, bartender- when I could drink) or I am receiving a service from them (hair cut, pedicure, message, etc).

    Do you?

    #2 JennyK

    JennyK
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,502 posts

      Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

      first off.. im so jealous that you have a sonic!

      FI and I are planning a lil 2 hour road trip just to go to a Sonic lol

      #3 starchild

      starchild

        Moderator

      • Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

        Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

        Omg Omg Omg remember awhile back I started a Sonic thread because I am jealous of everyone who lives near one?

        WELL, when we went to Disneyland for our anniversary there was a Sonic like 5 miles away and WE WENT! I agree with everyone who recommended the cherry limeade, wowsers!!! I wish they sold that by the liter!

        And no, we didn't tip...but I did take pictures because it was so monumental for me...LOL

        #4 Birdie07

        Birdie07
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,218 posts

          Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

          Yes, I do. I had a friend who worked at sonic and she didn't make much at all! She lived by herself trying to work two jobs. Sometimes its just teenagers working there and sometimes it's someone who really needs money. Whats 2 or 3 bucks? So Yes I do.

          #5 monicabrandon2008

          monicabrandon2008
          • Member
          • 794 posts

            Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

            I feel ya on this one but I always try and give them a $1 even if it's in change. I really have no explanation why I do it but if they have a drive-thru window (some do) then I go that route and don't tip.
            HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
            http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

            #6 Kryztan

            Kryztan
            • Member
            • 743 posts

              Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

              If they are nice with good attitudes....I do! Other than that no!

              #7 Martha

              Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

                Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

                That's what I got, Jamy! Cherry Limeade! It's the one thing I have to have every day since being pregnant!

                Calia- I get a drink from there everyday, usually between 2-4 when they are 1/2, so I spend like .98 cents. Why would I tip 2 or 3 bucks on a .98 cent drink?

                But, yes, this guy was real young....

                #8 Martha

                Martha
                • VIP Member
                • 3,906 posts

                  Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JennyK
                  first off.. im so jealous that you have a sonic!

                  FI and I are planning a lil 2 hour road trip just to go to a Sonic lol

                  I don't like their food, but I love their drinks! I think every town should have one!!!!

                  #9 monicabrandon2008

                  monicabrandon2008
                  • Member
                  • 794 posts

                    Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by starchild
                    Omg Omg Omg remember awhile back I started a Sonic thread because I am jealous of everyone who lives near one?

                    WELL, when we went to Disneyland for our anniversary there was a Sonic like 5 miles away and WE WENT! I agree with everyone who recommended the cherry limeade, wowsers!!! I wish they sold that by the liter!

                    And no, we didn't tip...but I did take pictures because it was so monumental for me...LOL
                    Heck yah Jamy those things are SO good :) Congrats to you finding one in Cali. I will have to tell me sister about that :) Now if y'all could get a Taco Bueno she would be a happy Cali camper :)
                    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

                    #10 starchild

                    starchild

                      Moderator

                    • Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

                      Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Just Martha
                      That's what I got, Jamy! Cherry Limeade! It's the one thing I have to have every day since being pregnant!

                      Calia- I get a drink from there everyday, usually between 2-4 when they are 1/2, so I spend like .98 cents. Why would I tip 2 or 3 bucks on a .98 cent drink?

                      But, yes, this guy was real young....
                      Hooray for the cherry limeade! And I wouldn't tip for that either, it's not like they deliver it on roller skates..lol




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users