Photo

Going to look for my dress tomorrow AM! Any helpful hints?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LisaG
    Wear full panties - not a t-back since you will be dressing in front of people. Also bring a camera and take pics. I fell in love with a dress but once I saw myself in it in the pic - I hated it.
    Yes VERYYY true, wear comfy clothes, easy to take on and off. Just go naked I think. And I neglected to bring a camera :o( So def do that!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 monicaswave

monicaswave
    • 450 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      Try on everything and anything! All different styles, fabrics, so you can see what you like and what you don't.

Have fun! Bring a camera!
      I agree with you. Try on dresses that you wouldn't even think would look good on you because they look so different on. After trying on different styles you will get a better idea of what you like and what looks good on you so you can narrow down your search better.

Also, when I dress shopped I tried to limit to 2 to 3 boutiques max per day because you can tired really fast....at least I did. My head would start to hurt and all the dresses would start looking the same after a while. It helped give me a fresh point of view. And yes pictures, pictures, pictures....that was a big help.

#13 Kriswim

Kriswim
      • 186 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

Ohh good idea about the underware! ha! I think one place won't let me take pictures - what's with that? (only after i buy it? I mean seriously.)
        **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
        My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#14 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kriswim
          Ohh good idea about the underware! ha! I think one place won't let me take pictures - what's with that? (only after i buy it? I mean seriously.)
          I went to a place that would not let me take pics, and I had my friend come into the dressing room with me, we turned off the flash, and did it anyway. Just be fast....lol!

#15 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:32 PM

Good thing you will have your BM's with you cause sometimes the sales ladies can be B*#@hes! They may need to put them in check!

Good luck - can't wait to see what you find! Try on veils too!
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#16 Kriswim

Kriswim
            • 186 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

Yeah i guess I will have to be sneaky - haha! Ohh fun!! My mom can distract them while we take the pics!
              **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
              My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#17 seaprincess

seaprincess
              • 753 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

I went for the first time last night to do the "first official dress shopping experience" with my mom and FMIL and can't say it was very positive b/c I wasn't feeling great. I have been looking forward to going for 2 weeks while the moms were each out of town (on seperate trips) and really wanted to go, but I wasn't feeling well all day yesterday and didn't sleep the night before b/c I was sick. Sooo needless to say, I was grumpy and felt yucky so it wasn't a very good experience. My advice, go in with an open mind and feeling your best. But, I look forward to going with my MOH when I am in a better mood.
                Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#18 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

Did anyone mention a strapless bra? That may help with trying on certain dresses, I know that and my camera were my savior!

#19 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

If for ANY reason you feel its nice but not not the one, keep looking and don't feel pressured to buy just because you have a bunch of people there with you.

Also, I'd shop more than 1 store.. just to get an idea.

Try on all different styles. You just never know which one you'll like to see yourself in.

#20 amyrak

amyrak
                  • 469 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, good to have someone else with you. I had FI turn off the flash and sound from my camera so it helped if you need to be sneaky. Some places are real biotches about taking pics and coming in every 5 seconds. I agree try on everything. What I ended up buying I probably wouldn't have thought it would be the one when I first grabbed them all. Also, you know what you like on you best. My sister liked one, my friend like another, but I kept going back to the one that I liked best so don't let other people's opinions stray you from your decision. Oh yeah, and most of all have fun!! I went to tons of stores and sometimes I still wish I could try some more on when I see them, but I don't dare. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users