Photo

Going to look for my dress tomorrow AM! Any helpful hints?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kriswim

Kriswim
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hi,
    I am going tomorrow morning with my mom and cousins ( who are my bridesmaids) to start looking for my dress!! I am so excited! Does anyone have any helpful hints to share??
    **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
    My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#2 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

Go with a lot of PATIENCE. If you are in a hurry, it is not going to be fun.
      Just be relaxed and have a good time.
      Also, I will tell you that sometimes you see one taht looks great and you try it on and it looks awful.
      And then you see one that looks so-so and you try it on and va-va-voom!
      Have fun and happy shopping! Hope you find the dress of your dreams!

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

Be open minded. You never know what will look great on you.

most of all- HAVE FUN!!
        Happily married since 2008

#4 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cmmdee
          Go with a lot of PATIENCE. If you are in a hurry, it is not going to be fun.
          Just be relaxed and have a good time.
          Also, I will tell you that sometimes you see one taht looks great and you try it on and it looks awful.
          And then you see one that looks so-so and you try it on and va-va-voom!
          Have fun and happy shopping! Hope you find the dress of your dreams!
          This is soooo true!!! The dress I fell in love with was actually one I picked just to see how the tea-length looked. I didn't even pay much attention to it until I tried it on. OMG it looked amazing!!! And the dresses that I thought I loved looked horrible on LOL. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:32 PM

I agree with the other girls be open minded the dress I bought is not what I thought I would like and be patient!!!
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Oh fun fun!

-Take your time, patience is key, try every style on- be open minded b/c u might love something on that you didnt think you would. and bring deoderant, haha i was sweating my ass off trying tons of stuff on. have fun!

#7 Kriswim

Kriswim
              • 186 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

Thanks Girls! I am so excited I can't wait. I will definitely bring deoderant!! haha!
                **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
                My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#8 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

Try on everything and anything! All different styles, fabrics, so you can see what you like and what you don't.

I dress shopped FOREVER! And I didn't think I was an oh-my-god-this-is-it kind of girl, but turns out I just hadn't found the right one. And the reason was probably that I was being too close minded about what I wanted. The dress I bought was one I was like "oh what the hell I'll give it a shot" turned out to be my most favorite dress by miles!

Have fun! Bring a camera!

#9 LisaG

LisaG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:14 PM

Wear full panties - not a t-back since you will be dressing in front of people. Also bring a camera and take pics. I fell in love with a dress but once I saw myself in it in the pic - I hated it.

#10 Yvette

Yvette
                    • 510 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

I agree with everyone else. Be patient, the right dress will come in time, do not get discouraged. try on many different types of dresses. i found so many that i loved but where made for an "A" cup and I am a "D", so that didn't work out so well. and of course have lots of fun and take tons of pictures!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users