• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morgan
    She was talking about the shower invites to technically it's fine, but I think if you are on the fence about if it's OK, the website is the safest place.

I think nicely worded & with your non-traditional group you can pull it off.

I wish things didn't have to be so tricky, but you'd hate to offend.
    Ooops! Sorry I missed the "Shower" part...
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#32 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

I wish uptight people would just pull the cob out of the ass and let loose a little. :) then we wouldn't have to sit here and debate etiquette all the time. LOL I must be in a prime mood today.
      Happily married since 2008

#33 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
      I wish uptight people would just pull the cob out of the ass and let loose a little. :)
      omg hahahaha

#34 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        I wish uptight people would just pull the cob out of the ass and let loose a little. :) then we wouldn't have to sit here and debate etiquette all the time. LOL I must be in a prime mood today.
        omg i love you. blahahahahahahahhahaha

#35 COFPhoto

COFPhoto
        • 81 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:48 PM

Other than the "cob in the ass" comment (which I loved btw - so true) I didn't read the other responses. But here's mine:

IT'S YOUR WEDDING DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

Personally I think it's a great idea. Most people end up either spending way more than they wanted on their photos (once they see them, they want all of them) and often they can't afford what they want. I would not only offer it, but even encourage my guests to go that direction. Sure is easier than shopping for some stupid glass orb that you're going to return anyway.

#36 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

i think it is a great idea. pictures are important and it would be nice to get some help getting prints, albums etc. we are not registering but i really like this idea!
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#37 LBP

LBP
            • 49 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

I am so happy that you asked this question. I'm planning on hiring a photograper from Ottawa and bringing them along with us (I won this debate, FH thinks I am nuts). Anyways, they too have the option of a registry. I think I will let it be know that I am registered with them. Photos, prints, dvd's or an album that capture my big day will last forever. Really what is the difference between a photo or a gift registry? people are still giving.

#38 melody

melody
              • 236 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

I personally think it s a great idea. Wedding pictures are a lasting memory and what better way than to have contributed to it.

Tacky? I don't think so...times have changed and most couples already have dinnerware, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, etc....

I say go for it :-)

#39 KLC77

KLC77
                • 2,207 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:04 AM

I'm waiting to hear if my photog has the option for a registry now... I would love it! And I would certainly get that for someone else if I were the guest having to buy a gift.
                  ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users