26 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GeminiLibra
    It is buffet but I was wondering if it were possible to not do it buffet style and have servers. Sorry I didn't explain it correctly, but it really isn't a huge deal I was just curious if people cared about serving themselves.
    Gotcha. So you are actually talking about doing it plated? If I'm still confused (which is very possible-LOL) and you still want a buffet meal, I don't think it's a big deal to serve yourself. After all- it's a buffet. I saw lots of people going back for 2nds. I know my groom went back for thirds! I think it would be hard for servers to keep up with this and try to dish up buffet food because there is usually more options than a plated meal.
    Happily married since 2008

#12 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
    • 220 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

No you've got it right. It sounds foolish to worry about people serving themselves but they are payng so much to come to the wedding but really it doesn't matter. I doubt any of my guests would care at all it's just me trying to make things perfect. But it's Jamaica, it's a chill island so everything will be alright mon!

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

We had our dinner at the Plantation and I loved the privacy of it (it was so far away from the rest of the action at the resort). We (bride & groom) and our best man and MOH were served. For the rest of the tables, we had buffet-style. We had 85 guests and I felt like it would take forever to get everyone's orders and to serve them. I just wanted to get dinner done so we could start dancing. I don't think any of my guests had an issue with it being buffet.

#14 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
        • 220 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

That's good to know thanks Lizz!

#15 nscaper

nscaper
          • 119 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

I definitely would not mind if I was attending a DW and had to serve myself at a buffet. I don't think many people don't like buffets?

I don't think the $500 is worth it to have a served meal. Stick with buffet.

#16 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
            • 186 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

I'm actually paying the additional $500 for waitstaff, but that's just me. I wanted it to feel a little like a traditional wedding. I have the plantation restaurant for 4 hours so i dont think it should take up too much time to serve 85 guests.

#17 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by bobbi-francis
                I'm actually paying the additional $500 for waitstaff, but that's just me. I wanted it to feel a little like a traditional wedding. I have the plantation restaurant for 4 hours so i dont think it should take up too much time to serve 85 guests.
                FYI...Chandlyn told me there was no additional charge for the waitstaff at the Plantation, they were included in the $1000 rental charge. Maybe this has changed since I was there last month, but you should check with her again.

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=GeminiLibra;416556]No you've got it right. It sounds foolish to worry about people serving themselves but they are payng so much to come to the wedding but really it doesn't matter. I doubt any of my guests would care at all it's just me trying to make things perfect. But it's Jamaica, it's a chill island so everything will be alright mon![/QUOTE]

that is the attitude :)

I've been to plenty of traditional weddings with a serve yourself buffet. I like to heep on more of what I like & less of what I don't like.

I personally would rather put the $500 towards a group excursion or something more fun. My guests are all really laid back & would probably not understand if I paid $500 for a server.

#19 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                  • 802 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

We were supposed to have a plated dinner for all of our 120 guests, but with the 2 hour rental at the Plantation, there was not enough time for everyone to get served, so I had them serve plated meals to the first 4 tables and the rest was set up buffet style. I was a bit bummed at first, but everyone understood and dinner turned out to be great!

#20 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                    • 933 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

i don't understand why some people have to pay for the plantation? this is where my dinner was and it was free. it does not make sense to me. don't get me wrong, i am not complaining, it just does not seem fair to you guys.
                      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users