EricaG

Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
for any inspiration, look at this link!

Top 50 Prettiest Wedding Cakes! - By TheKnot.com
You beat me to it, Di! I was just thinking it would be really nice to add this to the Cake Inspiration thread.....good looking out! There are some really gorgeous and really unique cakes featured -- totally worth checking out! :)

Hi ladies - so fun! I just found this cake on the knot.com and I'm in love - I'm going to have it done in light pink, dark pink and orange and then see if they'll put some green orchids on top and an orchid at each corner on the base...

Cake - Flags.doc

Here is our wedding cake. The bottom 2 layers were traditional Jamaican wedding cake, and the top layer was white cake with pineapple filling. Both had white buttercream covered in fondant.

Click the image to open in full size.

And DH's groom's cake, inspired by his 2nd love, his car! It was chocolate cake w/chocolate icing, then covered in fondant.

This was our cake. We wanted a cake that had some meaning to it. So we chose to have each layer represent each of us as individuals and in a final place represent both of us together(which was @ the beach were we went on our first date and where we got married). Each of the layers also had their own flavor which I loved since it gave me an excuse to eat more cake! hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
We had individual wedding cakes at our wedding.

Tammy! I absolutely love these! I am going to see if my resort can do something similar!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1219 View Post
Tammy! I absolutely love these! I am going to see if my resort can do something similar!!!!!!

I love Tammy's cakes too! If she wasn't my photographer (and would know about it) I'd be stealing her idea! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuteliya View Post

This was our cake. We wanted a cake that had some meaning to it. So we chose to have each layer represent each of us as individuals and in a final place represent both of us together(which was @ the beach were we went on our first date and where we got married). Each of the layers also had their own flavor which I loved since it gave me an excuse to eat more cake! hahaha!
I love your cake and it's very unique!