Iberostar anyone?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 sschano

sschano
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

Hi there -

I am very interested in the Iberostar ParaisoDel Mar and Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. Is there anyone else that has either looked into this resort, or gotten married here? My travel agent says this is a great resort for what I'm looking for (family friendly, great resort but not budget friendly for everyone...). I have not seen a ton of information on this resort so am looking for information, tips, suggestions, etc.

I'm getting married in four months so want to finalize asap!

thanks,
    Sarah

#2 Allaballa

Allaballa
    • 113 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

I got married at the del mar in Dec 07 and it was great!!! Highly recommend the resort. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

#3 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

This may help, it was taken at the iberostar:

http://www.iberostar...ctronica.com.mx

#4 Copita

Copita
        • 979 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hey there,

I'm an Iberostar bride myself (in the DR).
          I have stayed at several Ibero chains and will say, over and over again, it is TOP notch. Creme de la creme, fi you will.
          While it may not be the MOST budget friendly, you DEFINITELY DEFINITELY get your bang for your buck.
          After staying at an Iberostar, you feel so spoiled that traveling to a different resort can sometimes suck. LOL.
          It's first-class, all the way. :)

#5 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
          • 104 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

so sorry to hijack the thread, but, cmmdee, have you been to the Iberostar Cozumel?

#6 akbeach

akbeach
            • 169 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

FYI, when you want to finalize your wedding date at the Iberostar Paraiso, you have to fax or email a scanned copy of your and your fiance's ID and credit card. The fax number is on the site. We are looking at the Iberostar Paraiso as well. There are lots of pics on this site and on IBEROSTAR BOARD - IBEROSTAR RESORT REVIEWS, PHOTOS & RESTAURANT MENUS. Happy planning!
              http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
              Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

I'm getting married at the Lindo in November, but have never been there personally. I have heard form others that have stayed there recently that it is fabulous.
                Michelle

#8 Tracy

Tracy
                • 281 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

I have been to the Iberostar in Cozumel...and I would say it is definintely not deluxe...and the Lindo, Maya, Beach, Del Mar, Quetzel and Tucan are all MUCH, MUCH nicer!
                  I was there a few weeks ago, and the Maya and Lindo properties are beautiful - the grounds are spectacular with great beach and pools :)
                  I think Lindo is a good choice, though a little pricier for your guests than the Del Mar or Paraiso Beach.

#9 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                  • 1,047 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

The other nice thing about the Lindo is that you can play at the Del Mar and such but they do not have exchange privledges with the Lindo!

#10 beachbride08

beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Tracy
                      I think Lindo is a good choice, though a little pricier for your guests than the Del Mar or Paraiso Beach.
                      If you think the Lindo prices might be an issue for your guests, the Del Mar may be the better option. If you decide to have your wedding at the Lindo and your guests want to stay at the Del Mar or beach because it is cheaper they can't come to the wedding without purchasing a guest pass for the day. You would have to decide if that is something you want to pay for, or have that be their responsibility if they choose not to stay at the Lindo or Maya. The Grand is the most expensive and is adults only, but if your guests stay there they can go to any of the hotels without needing a pass.
                      Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users