Photo

Wedding Gowns - You VS Model

• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#431 kim0806

kim0806
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Here's mine: Pronovias Finisterre!  I certainly don't look nearly as lusty as the model :) Mine still needs some minor alterations and major steaming...it's not laying right b/c the overlay is wrinkled. 

IMG_0803.JPGpronovias_2011_wedding_gown_finisterre.jpg

#432 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
    • 447 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

So romantic! And good for you for getting a great price!

Originally Posted by Avens 

The Typical terrible lighting and angle (and kerfluffed hair from trying on to many poofy dresses :D) , but I was so excited to be able to post on here I can't wait for a different pictures!  I got my dress today!  My dress needs to be taken in a bit on the sides, so it will fit a little snugger but otherwise is amazing.  Luckily it was the sample (apparently this line is discontinued, the designer went backrupt?  So they had just gotten the shipment of samples in, and had to sell them cheap since they couldn't order any of the dresses in.  Lucky me!

It's "Just For You" from the Sposa Group Style 115-15.

1.JPGThe Dress.jpg

#433 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
      • 447 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Wow! i love how different the dress is with the beautiful overlay!

Originally Posted by kim0806 

Here's mine: Pronovias Finisterre!  I certainly don't look nearly as lusty as the model :) Mine still needs some minor alterations and major steaming...it's not laying right b/c the overlay is wrinkled. 

#434 Sharon99

Sharon99
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

Its gorgeous! You really did luck out!

Originally Posted by Avens 

The Typical terrible lighting and angle (and kerfluffed hair from trying on to many poofy dresses :D) , but I was so excited to be able to post on here I can't wait for a different pictures!  I got my dress today!  My dress needs to be taken in a bit on the sides, so it will fit a little snugger but otherwise is amazing.  Luckily it was the sample (apparently this line is discontinued, the designer went backrupt?  So they had just gotten the shipment of samples in, and had to sell them cheap since they couldn't order any of the dresses in.  Lucky me!

It's "Just For You" from the Sposa Group Style 115-15.

1.JPGThe Dress.jpg

#435 Sharon99

Sharon99
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

This is a beautiful dress! I love the lace skirt!

Originally Posted by kim0806 

#436 Avens

Avens
            • 576 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

The overlay looks so neat Kim, that'll be beautiful in your ceremony pictures I bet! So dramatic!

Thanks ladies, I adore it! I keep peeking in the closet to look at it.

#437 kim0806

kim0806
              • 170 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks ladies!!!

#438 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
                • Site Supporter
                • 340 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

I agree... this has to be one of my favorite threads! All you future brides/past bride look amazing and it is so great to see how dresses look much better in real life!!

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

I LOVE this thread! i am so happy that we can all support each other! even though we all have different body types, we all are beautiful brides!

#439 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
                  • 126 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

The following are dresses I did not choose, but thought I'd share just in case any one has been interested in seeing these dresses on an actual person.

Here is the Pronovias Alfil...  It is in Off-white. Off-white is VERY different from most other designers Ivory, so if you are buying this on the internet/blind and wanted more of an ivory or lighter color, this is actually darker. Off-white is much more 'yellow'. It may not look like it in the picture, but in person you can easily tell. I did however LOVE this style on me, but it was a little heavy (this may be because this was a size 12 and I'm a size 2) for a DW and I was concerned about how the bussle would end up looking... keep that in mind too. It felt like it had boning in it, so this is an added bonus :) If you want a sweetheart similar to this, try the Fresa. Overall a nice looking dress :)

alfil.jpg alfil2.jpg

#440 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
                    • 126 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

This one is Pronovias Agosto... I tried this one on back in October and fell in love with it, but it doesn't photograph very well for some reason, so I fell out of love with it :( Maybe it just wasn't meant to be though.  I like the detail on it; its a great dress if you're looking for something simple yet trendy or with a WOW factor :) It's very pretty in person.

agosto.jpg Agosto2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users