Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#1351 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be
    Hello- To those of you getting married in 2011, have you booked your hotel/flights yet?? I Just reserved my date with Victoria (wedding coordniator) at the Palace, and now we have 'two months to send booking information', otherwise we lose our date

    I cannot seem to find anyplace that has packages/rates for 2011, am I missing something??

    Thanks for the help! Happy planning :)
    Hi, I'm in the same situation as you. We have our date "on hold" and it has been for a few weeks now. I'm hoping the flight prices come out soon otherwise we'll lose it to. Uk TA's have said anytime now. It's just a waiting game :o(

    #1352 svetayasofiya

    svetayasofiya
    • Member
    • 590 posts

      Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

      Guys- read again... I am pretty sure you have until two months before your wedding to confirm, not within two months. That's how I understood it anyway. We did end up booking within two months of putting on hold... (just by coincidence) but I am not convinced that is the rule. I think its just a bad translation.

      #1353 michelle2011

      michelle2011
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,301 posts

        Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
        Guys- read again... I am pretty sure you have until two months before your wedding to confirm, not within two months. That's how I understood it anyway. We did end up booking within two months of putting on hold... (just by coincidence) but I am not convinced that is the rule. I think its just a bad translation.
        Hi, I've just checked my email and this is what it says within the message.....


        3. Once you have a date on hold for the wedding, you will have two months to e-mail us a copy of the Reservation Manifest/Invoice from the Tour Operator (confirmation must include name of Bride & Groom, arrival - departure dates and time, name of Tour Operator Company).
        Once we have all your travel information, your assigned wedding coordinator will confirm your date.


        I don't know if this has changed though?.....

        #1354 svetayasofiya

        svetayasofiya
        • Member
        • 590 posts

          Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

          ooooooooh, that's pretty clear. Mine said this: (lol)

          3. For confirm your wedding you will have two months before the wedding date for send us by e-mail a copy of the Reservation Manifest/Invoice from the Tour Operator (confirmation must include name of Groom & Bride, arrival - departure dates and time, name of Tour Operator Company). Once we obtain this information, the wedding date and time will be considered as CONFIRMED.

          There were enough mistakes in the grammar to put it up for debate. I guess you better get booking! I wouldn't worry though. I am sure until they have enough confirmed weddings to bump your on hold, I think you'll be fine. Just send them an email that you are trying to find a reasonable deal.

          #1355 MrsC-to-Be

          MrsC-to-Be
          • Newbie
          • 78 posts

            Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

            I contacted Apple Vacations today and they told me it wouldnt be until June or July until they have packages out for January 2011..ah!!! I will keep checking other sites , worse comes to worse I keep putting my date on hold I suppose?? We will see :) I just would hate to lose my place in line

            #1356 Mrs.Smith

            Mrs.Smith
            • Newbie
            • 12 posts

              Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

              Hey ladies, we are getting married on Aug 5th, and Xhail told us the same thing (two months to confirm). However, she did say, if we did not get our reservations booked within that two months, all we had to do was call/email her, and she would "re-hold" the time/date for another two months. We didnt actually have to do that, as well booked just within two months, but did tell us that. hope that helps!

              #1357 buehler.allison

              buehler.allison
              • Newbie
              • 99 posts

                Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

                Hey Mrs. Smith! We are getting married on August 7th at the Palace! Can't wait to be there. When do you arrive?

                #1358 Mrs.Smith

                Mrs.Smith
                • Newbie
                • 12 posts

                  Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

                  thats great Allison! We will be there 7/31, but leaving on 8/7 :-(
                  if you havent been there, you will LOVE it!! we went there on vacation last year, it was AMAZING!!!

                  #1359 FutureMrsG

                  FutureMrsG
                  • Newbie
                  • 23 posts

                    Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be
                    Hello- To those of you getting married in 2011, have you booked your hotel/flights yet?? I Just reserved my date with Victoria (wedding coordniator) at the Palace, and now we have 'two months to send booking information', otherwise we lose our date

                    I cannot seem to find anyplace that has packages/rates for 2011, am I missing something??

                    Thanks for the help! Happy planning :)
                    I am getting married in January of 2011 and my travel agent booked the Palace via Funjet Vacations at the beginning of February so that we could confirm our date. We only had to put down a $300 deposit. The balance on the vacation is not due until November. It does say that "all prices are subject to change until full payment is received" on the confirmation. We send our coordinator the confirmation number we got by putting down the deposit with Funjet and now our wedding date is confirmed. We don't have flights yet but apparently you don't need that to confirm a date. Good luck!

                    #1360 prettypigpig

                    prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

                      Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be
                      I contacted Apple Vacations today and they told me it wouldnt be until June or July until they have packages out for January 2011..ah!!! I will keep checking other sites , worse comes to worse I keep putting my date on hold I suppose?? We will see :) I just would hate to lose my place in line
                      Put it this way, if you can't book a package to confirm the date, others too...probably can't confirm the date neither. It is like in a congested airport, if incoming flights can't get to the terminal and turn = outbound flights can't depart also.

                      Bonnie

                      Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users