• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

We are having someone very close to us play the guitar for me while I walk down the isle. He will be the only source of music while I walk down the isle. He is pretty talented and could play/sing what ever we want in English or Spanish. I never gave it a thought, and always assumed that I would walk down the isle to "here comes the bride" But now FI says that lame, Since we are doing a DW and we are on the beach and not in the church we should use a diffrent song.

So now tha question is what song? I thought about the acustic version of "here comes the sun" But I am also looking for other ideas. HELP
    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2137

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t14988

Here's a couple similar threads. Personally I think it would be cute to choose a song that reflects more of your personality/tastes. However, if you are a traditional person, I see no reason to change it.
      Happily married since 2008

#3 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
      • 584 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

I am walking down the aisle to "How Beautiful" by Twilia something lol I don't have it here with me at work. It's about 5 minutes long...very beautiful

#4 Dbld78

Dbld78
        • Banned
        • 665 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

Very good question! My uncle is going to play the guitar while the guests are taking their seats, processional and recessional... but I keep going back and forth as to which song! I love the movie "The Jerk" and I love the song that Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters sing while on the beach "You belong to me" but it's played with a mandolin. Another thing is I LOVE MUSICALS, and I think that walking down the aisle to "Edelweiss" from "The Sound of Music". I could really go on and on....

#5 July09

July09
          • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

If we even have music we decided on Close to You by the Carpenters. We're goofy that way and our guests would expect something like that from us. I'd love to have a steel pan player or maybe just use the original recording or there's a ukelele player named Jake Shimabukuro ( I know, it isn't the Israel K guy who does Rainbow) who does a really nice instrumental version.

#6 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
            • 149 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:35 AM

The First Time I Saw You from Dreamgirls movie soundtrack. Not the original but the new one from the remake with Jamie Foxx/Beyonce. It has special meaning as a few years ago that is how FI said he felt when he met me.
              Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
              Our first baby (a...

#7 adias.angel

adias.angel
              • 719 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sgrimm1
                We are having someone very close to us play the guitar for me while I walk down the isle. He will be the only source of music while I walk down the isle.
                My brother in law will be doing the same thing for us. Right now I am leaning towards Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel. I just love the mood it sets. Carla

#8 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Honestly, my hunny and I's song is "The Grill Song" "I wanna see ur grill...." I We are goof balls and this was the song that kept playing when we first got together, and we declared it "our song" right away. I don't think I should be walking down the isle to it though LMAO.So I'm still deciding on a good song too. Have you girls seen the Youtube video called "BEST WEDDING DANCE EVER?" YOU MUST Check it out if you haven't. I think this is AWESOME!!!!!!!! (Sorry I kinda got off topic)

#9 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by blkladylaw
                    The First Time I Saw You from Dreamgirls movie soundtrack. Not the original but the new one from the remake with Jamie Foxx/Beyonce. It has special meaning as a few years ago that is how FI said he felt when he met me.
                    I thought about using that song too. It reminded me of what Dean said when he first saw me. He stared at me walk down the stairs at the train station for 5 months before we actually met. I liked the jaime foxx one by himself. It is such a beautiful song - it's will be perfect to walk down the aisle to your true love :)
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

#10 Mandy

Mandy
                    • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

We walked down the isle to this, but it would have been so much better on a live guitar.
                      Wedding Bride Entrance Songs & Music - Lagrima by Francisco Tarrega

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users