Photo

ROR: How long does everything take?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ashley9078

ashley9078
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

my ceremony is at 4 and I suppose we are allotted an hour if I am correct. Does anyone know what time dinner is? Is it a 6? I may have just picked that up somewhere. Is two hours for dinner more than enough time to have 30ppl eat dinner and cake? I am trying to figure out how many hours I would need the DJ and open bar at the beach bar for. If we are done with dinner by 8 should I have the DJ till 10? 11?hmmm decisions decisions.... What did all of you guys do?

#2 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
    • 584 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

OK..just so I get this right...

4pm Ceremony
      6pm Dinner - where?!

You are allotted an hour but realistically your ceremony will probably only take 20 minutes - this is what I have read from other brides. You have a picture session - which if you have purchased a packaged I believe you are given 45 minutes for pics with Michael/Christopher - unless you go with an outside photographer.

So... 4pm ceremony 4:30 start pics 6:00 dinner.

I guess it depends on where/how you are having your dinner.

#3 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ellipse22
        OK..just so I get this right...

4pm Ceremony
        6pm Dinner - where?!

You are allotted an hour but realistically your ceremony will probably only take 20 minutes - this is what I have read from other brides. You have a picture session - which if you have purchased a packaged I believe you are given 45 minutes for pics with Michael/Christopher - unless you go with an outside photographer.

So... 4pm ceremony 4:30 start pics 6:00 dinner.

I guess it depends on where/how you are having your dinner.

I think the 45 minutes you get with the photoshop includes the ceremony pics too, so really its like 15 minutes... i think
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#4 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
        • 584 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by twelve_piece
          I think the 45 minutes you get with the photoshop includes the ceremony pics too, so really its like 15 minutes... i think
          I totally didn't think of that..so..that being the case I'll be sure to book more time with photoshop

#5 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
          • 933 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:25 AM

we had 2 hours with michael, he did 1 and half hour on the beach. loved every pic he took. then we went to our rooms and freshened up, dinner was at 6:30, then we had the Dj from 9-11. worked out perfectly. i really think everything went so smoothly. it will be okay!
            My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#6 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
            • 215 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

Our ceremony was over pretty quickly but we spent a while hanging out on the beach with our guests doing the hug thing. I don't think it lasted the whole hour but, it may have because the steel drum band was packing up before we really got started with the pictures. I believe all dinners start at 6:30pm. We had 28 people and it took us about 2.5 hours for dinner but it was an unorganized gong show. Our waiter knew nothing about our cake or champagne so a lot of time was spent running around trying to find that stuff. Add a little time in for unexpected things just so you aren't rushing around, you'll enjoy things a lot more that way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users