Photo

addressing the invitations

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MrsMcs

MrsMcs
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

is anyone hiring a calligrapher? do you have any idea how much one would cost?! i heard it's tacky to use labels on your invitations/RSVP envelopes... is that true? can I just write the addresses myself on the envelopes?? what are you doing?! i'm afraid a calligrapher might be out of our budget, so I was wondering what my options are...there's all these etiquette rules regarding invitations that I'm just finding out...please help:)

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

i ran my envelopes through the printer with a calligraphy font of each person's address rather than wasting my money paying $$$$$$$ for a calligrapher to do it by hand.

#3 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

I'm planning to do what Maura did.
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#4 Yvette

Yvette
      • 510 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

my bf hand wrote all of their invites, i thought she was nuts for doing it, but whatever. i personally didn't really care too much & printed out my own labels. i spent enough time making the damn invitaiton anyway! =)

#5 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

I am running mine through the printer too (although they are giving me a little bit of trouble because they keep getting stuck). But the ones who have come through look great. I think running the envelope is just as easy as doing the labels and I personally like the look better.

#6 ashley9078

ashley9078
          • 92 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

I will run mine through aprinter as well. After all My wedding isn't going to be formal so who needs the formality of hand written calligraphy? They just throw the envelope away anyway!

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

I am going to use our printer as well.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

I am undecided...I might just test one out on the printer now.

#9 Dbld78

Dbld78
                • Banned
                • 665 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

My friend's mom is doing all the addressing for me but if she wasn't I would have done it in photoshop and printed them myself...

But if you really want someone to do it, I have found some really decent prices on Etsy.

Etsy :: GracefulStudio :: Hand Calligraphed Envelopes -- Spencerian

#10 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,853 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

I did mine on the printer. They turned out great. The only thing is, my envelopes we velum, and if you tuched them to soon after printing they smeared, so let them sit for a few seconds
                    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users