Bouquet & garter toss

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

All of my female guests (with the exception of those under the age of 10) are either married or engaged. For the men, there are 2 that are single. Obviously tossing the bouquet and garter does not make a lot of sense. I would still like to do these little traditions though. Has anyone ever seen these things mean something different? For example, maybe the one who catches the bouquet is the next one to have a baby or something. I don't know. Any thoughts?

#2 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

I would also like to do these traditions, but so far there isn't going to be very many people that can stand up to catch either one. I read on another thread where someone was thinking of just doing it for all the women and all the men. Besides, how often does it actually come true? Most women and men that are married would probably still enjoy trying to catch it anyway.
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#3 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Why not just let everyone know that married or single all men/woman can join. Im sure theyd all like to join in the fun even if theres no superstition behind it

#4 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

I want as many people involved as possible. I guess I just want to have something special to go along with it. Maybe they get the first piece of cake. I don't know!!

#5 Cherielee

• 160 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

my sister suggested that you ask all the oldest married couples go up...say like 20 years and more....to make it fun? i dunno? could do somethign along these lines?

#6 Princess402

• 737 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

I like the baby idea...

or, if your group is the fun-loving silly/naughty type, you could say something like "ok so everyone's already married, but whoever catches the boquet will be the next one to get some nookie tonight!" hehe

#7 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

How about the first one that catches it has to down a row of shots lol drink related activites always a winner - or maybe my lot are just alchos!

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

I am making my own tradition. I am asking all ladies (young and old) to come up and then I will throw my bouquet. I am going to say that if you catch the bouquet you will have eternal love. It's a little cheesy, but I think it's still cute. Plus I won't be singling out my two single girl friends.

#9 MoonPalacePookie

• 279 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:43 PM

Thank you so much for the ideas, I really wanted to do both the bouquet and garter toss, but like many of you, will not have many single friends at the wedding. The idea of having all women and all men participate is great, I'm definitely going to do that.
                    Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#10 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hey chica...

I'm going to give my bouquet to the couple that has been together the longest.
                      Not sure what I"m doing with the garter yet... ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users