Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TammyB

Best Purchase you have made???

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
The Dyson Animal Vacuum. I swear that thing will suck up an elephant if it were on my carpet. I love it. Having four dogs it really really helps. I use it almost every day. When I use it people come over and ask if we just got our carpets cleaned... It makes the carpets stand up and look brand new.

I purchased a Kirby Vacuum a couple months ago, and like you said it picks up EVERYTHING. It's amazing how much better our floors look now, plus it has helped with my allergies. I remember the first time I vacuumed my bed with the Kirby, it was the first night I woke up with no stuffy nose in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A $20 Black & Decker steamer. I just throw some veggies in there and don't have to think about them until to the little timer chimes. It frees up space on the stove too! I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
The Dyson Animal Vacuum. I swear that thing will suck up an elephant if it were on my carpet. I love it. Having four dogs it really really helps. I use it almost every day. When I use it people come over and ask if we just got our carpets cleaned... It makes the carpets stand up and look brand new.
Good question, Tammy!

I TOTALLY agree about the Dyson Animal. We only have hardwood floors now but it still works wonders.

My other one is my Macbook. I love that thing and have used it daily for years and it's still going strong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have to second janet's mac - i have a mac powerbook that i purchased in 2004 thats still going strong. i love it and dont know what my life would be like without it!

 

the other thing i couldnt live without is my blackberry. it makes my life infinitely easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
I purchased a Kirby Vacuum a couple months ago, and like you said it picks up EVERYTHING. It's amazing how much better our floors look now, plus it has helped with my allergies. I remember the first time I vacuumed my bed with the Kirby, it was the first night I woke up with no stuffy nose in the morning.
I never thought to do this... I am sooo doing it tonight! I'm kinda scared to see all the crap that comes out of the mattresses though jiggy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
the other thing i couldnt live without is my blackberry. it makes my life infinitely easier.
I'm trying to tell DH that I "need" a blackberry, but he thinks it's an excuse to search the web more.. :-) D@mn he knows me too well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
I'm trying to tell DH that I "need" a blackberry, but he thinks it's an excuse to search the web more.. :-) D@mn he knows me too well.
I think I have my FI convinced I "need" one. My birthday is in June so my fingers are crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best purchase has been my car. I bought a used 99 Sunfire from my aunt for $2000. It's in perfect working order & runs like a dream. It has a bigger gas tank, but is very gentle on actually using the gas! With the prices as high as they are and Mat owning a HUGE beast of a truck - it's been a lifesaver!!

He carpools to work & we use my car around town. We have saved SO much in gas since I got it, I don't know what we'd do without it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also own the Expedit bookshelves from Ikea. FI has so many books so we created a pseudo library in our office. We have two huge ones that line either side of the wall. Personally I think shoes and bags should go there but I guess I'll let him have his silly books. smile120.gif

 

The best purchase I ever made was contact lenses when I was 13 and Japanese Straigtening. Not having to spend endless hours blow drying my hair is the best thing ever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×