Jump to content

Best Purchase you have made???


TammyB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ok so a previous post made me think of this. What is the best purchase you have ever made. I'm not talking about a house or anything like that, but something you purchased and it ended up being something that either helped a ton, made your life easier or whatever.

 

Mine, hands down is our carpet cleaner. We purchased it the same weekend we moved into our new townhome. Our puppy (he was 6 months old when we moved) got an upset stomach with the move and puked all over the carpets within a couple hours of moving in. We went out that day and got this carpet cleaner. Fast forward to 2 1/2 years later and many different foster dogs and it's seriously been a life savor. I can't tell you how many times my carpet has been peed, puked, sh*t on or got dirty for being outside. I must use the carpet cleaner at least once a week to clean up a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

our bed, we spent some of our wedding money and bought a costco tempurpedic bed and new bed frame from Ikea, its a king size and I love actually being able to have room to sleep. I love our bed, it was worth all the money we spent on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will agree with the carpet cleaner. I have used on the floors, but I get the most use of it on our bed! Over the last few years, our kids have had leaky diapers in there when they are sleeping, and now that our daughter is potty trained, she has had 3 accidents...all in our bed. She wakes up during the night sometimes and crawls into bed with us. Twice my FI has woken up wet and once I have. She never has accidents in her bed! The steam cleaner is awesome ffor cleaning that up, otherwise I would have to put rubber sheets on our bed.

Oh yeah, sometimes the bottles get dropped on the bed and leak too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Expedit book shelves from IKEA, seriously, they are the best bookshelves, period. I have a LOT of books, and trying to find shevles that are both strong enough to support them, and have enough space to hold not only what I own, but what I may potentially own, was quite daunting. But these shelves, amazing. And as an added bonus, they are great to use as room dividers, since the shelves are wide enough to have books spined outwards on both sides.

 

I LOVE THESE SHELVES!!! cheer2.gifelefant.gifbunny_4.gif

IKEA | Storage furniture | Bookcases | EXPEDIT | Bookcase

(we got ours in the black/brown)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say our double showerhead.

I got our bathroom remodeled a couple months back and I had they guy put in a new showerhead. They both have adjustable pressure and one detaches from the wall. It is the best.

I just can't keep my son from using my shower now. He loves to just hold the hand-held one and stand under the water

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLynn View Post
The Expedit book shelves from IKEA, seriously, they are the best bookshelves, period. I have a LOT of books, and trying to find shevles that are both strong enough to support them, and have enough space to hold not only what I own, but what I may potentially own, was quite daunting. But these shelves, amazing. And as an added bonus, they are great to use as room dividers, since the shelves are wide enough to have books spined outwards on both sides.

I LOVE THESE SHELVES!!! cheer2.gifelefant.gifbunny_4.gif
IKEA | Storage furniture | Bookcases | EXPEDIT | Bookcase
(we got ours in the black/brown)
This is exactly what I have been looking for! We need something for our office and when I described it to my FI that is basically what I described! Thanks so much!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dyson Animal Vacuum. I swear that thing will suck up an elephant if it were on my carpet. I love it. Having four dogs it really really helps. I use it almost every day. When I use it people come over and ask if we just got our carpets cleaned... It makes the carpets stand up and look brand new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
This is exactly what I have been looking for! We need something for our office and when I described it to my FI that is basically what I described! Thanks so much!
I'm so glad! A slight word of warning, there are a lot of pieces to these shelves, and putting them together may seem daunting, but it is so worth it. We've taken them apart and put them together three times now (they don't move well when they are still together), and it just gets easier each time.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLynn View Post
I'm so glad! A slight word of warning, there are a lot of pieces to these shelves, and putting them together may seem daunting, but it is so worth it. We've taken them apart and put them together three times now (they don't move well when they are still together), and it just gets easier each time.
LOL I will warn the FI that is his dept... I pick out the cute things and he puts them together. It works well HA HA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...