Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#3191 CancunBride71010

CancunBride71010
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tiffani1980
    I am doing the free wedding, but was just notified by our on-site WC that the beach location would be $13 extra per person....I was never notified of this, nor is this in any of our written information (wedding contract, online). Were you gals aware of this?

I was not aware of that but i did recieve info that the beach cermony is an extra $150.00 for some kind of set up fee.

#3192 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
    • 545 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

i don't think i knew that either. interesting.
      a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#3193 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
      • 821 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by CancunBride71010
        I was not aware of that but i did recieve info that the beach cermony is an extra $150.00 for some kind of set up fee.
        That's crazy!!! I wonder if Le Blanc is the same way. That was definitely never mentioned in the any of my contracts or information.

#3194 vgirl17

vgirl17
        • 315 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
        • LocationVacaville, CA

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by NJ Hunnie
        Hi Ladies,

How are you? I was trying to plan my welcome dinner...I was contemplating between Arrecifes or Trattoria. Can you former MP brides tell me which one you prefer.

Thanks so much!
        Well we haven't gotten married yet, however I stayed at the Moon Palace last year and think the food at the Trattoria is fabulous (it's located by the golf course). I haven't eaten at Arrecifes yet, however I've heard that it is good and can provide an element of fun because they serve you food on sticks or something like that... The Trattoria is a white tablecloth elegant type of place. Hope this helps :)

#3195 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
        • 436 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by vgirl17
          Well we haven't gotten married yet, however I stayed at the Moon Palace last year and think the food at the Trattoria is fabulous (it's located by the golf course). I haven't eaten at Arrecifes yet, however I've heard that it is good and can provide an element of fun because they serve you food on sticks or something like that... The Trattoria is a white tablecloth elegant type of place. Hope this helps :)
          Thanks Veronica! you are getting married the day after me!!! How are you making out with your plans??

#3196 gemmalou

gemmalou
          • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

hi everyone

we are planning on having our wedding at moon palace in 2011 i know its ages away, just wanted to here some views on those who have had their wedding here, was it what you expected nice well organised??.

we are planning on having the cocktail party and hiring and private function to make it more personally , has anyone else done this and if so was it nice

really hope people can help as we just hope its how we want our wedding to be

gem xxx

#3197 vgirl17

vgirl17
            • 315 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
            • LocationVacaville, CA

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NJ Hunnie
            Thanks Veronica! you are getting married the day after me!!! How are you making out with your plans??
            Wow! I didn't even realize that!!! How crazy is that!! We'll probably see each other there :) My parents are members so we're going to be staying on the Sunrise side.

Plans are coming along great! Things are really starting to pick up for me. There is still SO MUCH to do! We finally picked out our bridesmaids dresses last weekend. I have a lot more people responding to our SaveTheDates since I sent out a postcard reminder about two weeks ago. When are you planning on sending your formal invites out? I'm confused as to when I should require final RSVPs because of the holidays, etc. I am thinking of sending them out end of December and requesting Feb 1 as the RSVP date, but I'm not sure if that's enough time to get my OOT bag stuff ordered and ready?

How are your plans coming

#3198 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
            • 545 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by gemmalou
              hi everyone

we are planning on having our wedding at moon palace in 2011 i know its ages away, just wanted to here some views on those who have had their wedding here, was it what you expected nice well organised??.

we are planning on having the cocktail party and hiring and private function to make it more personally , has anyone else done this and if so was it nice

really hope people can help as we just hope its how we want our wedding to be

gem xxx
              YAY! another English Bride!!! wahooo! Where in the UK are you? im in Essex (working in London)

I haven't ever been to the MP, but im booked to get married there in July 2010, i am soooooooo excited!!!

we're on a bit of a budget, so we're not doing the cocktail reception (unless we can get some rooms booked through the group booking thing) but we will be having a private event in the evening, for dinner.

so, what have you got sorted so far? have you looked into lots of venues? how long have you been engaged?

sorry for be so questionmaster, it's jsut your the first UK bride i've found getting married at the MP! :)

Lou xxx
              a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#3199 adj

adj
              • 79 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

The actual wedding ceremony is about 30 min. but they consider it an hour with all the guest, wedding party, and bride entrances.

#3200 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
                • 436 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by vgirl17
                  Wow! I didn't even realize that!!! How crazy is that!! We'll probably see each other there :) My parents are members so we're going to be staying on the Sunrise side.

Plans are coming along great! Things are really starting to pick up for me. There is still SO MUCH to do! We finally picked out our bridesmaids dresses last weekend. I have a lot more people responding to our SaveTheDates since I sent out a postcard reminder about two weeks ago. When are you planning on sending your formal invites out? I'm confused as to when I should require final RSVPs because of the holidays, etc. I am thinking of sending them out end of December and requesting Feb 1 as the RSVP date, but I'm not sure if that's enough time to get my OOT bag stuff ordered and ready?

How are your plans coming
                  I am still in the air with my bridesmaid, but I only have 2. I have my dress, I actually just sent my invites this week for a RSVP of the 15th. I figured I give everyone enough time to plan their vacation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users