Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hey Camie! Congrats! That's exciting! But scary too, LOL!

 

Definitely let us know about the cake - I want something fun too! I probably will just use their non-fancy cake knife...I don't really want to lug all that extra stuff down there...I'll have enough with OOT bags and stuff!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Camie! Congrats! That's exciting! But scary too, LOL!

 

Definitely let us know about the cake - I want something fun too! I probably will just use their non-fancy cake knife...I don't really want to lug all that extra stuff down there...I'll have enough with OOT bags and stuff!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
So, did I just get screwed by my TA? Both she and my WC told me the same thing... Hmm....
If I were you, I would have your TA double check. Maybe it was an oversight on your contract. What I have figured out along the way with this wedding is we can fret these things we didn't know about. It is hard but just keep your spirits up. I am sure your wedding will be wonderful with or without the extras.

The economy is really taking a toll on our room nights. Early on we had 26 rooms, we are way down right now and still have a couple weeks before our payment deadline. I figured I will take what I get and make the best of it.

Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaM2b View Post
If I were you, I would have your TA double check. Maybe it was an oversight on your contract. What I have figured out along the way with this wedding is we can fret these things we didn't know about. It is hard but just keep your spirits up. I am sure your wedding will be wonderful with or without the extras.

The economy is really taking a toll on our room nights. Early on we had 26 rooms, we are way down right now and still have a couple weeks before our payment deadline. I figured I will take what I get and make the best of it.

Good luck!!
Thanks, I did email her and she said that she had never heard of them doing it. But, I let her know that at least 2 people getting married there were able to get it. She said that she would look into it for me. I'm not too worried about it, I just have Jan Brady complex. Why does everyone else get it but me? :)

Sorry your nights are flagging. We've had a few back out but fortunately they weren't people that we were really counting on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the cake knife, we didn't bring one but I wish we had, the one we used looked like a large butter knife and in the pics it looks kind of funny. Nobody else even noticed it, only me LOL but it is one of those little things I totally didn't think I'd care about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tina, I've lost a few rooms too, due to stuff going on with the economy. It's not fair! LOL! I ended up making my room requirement because there were a few people trying to put 6 to a room and ended up having to split into two rooms. Do you think you'll be able to make your room requirement? I hope so!!!

 

Betsy - thanks for that feedback!! Maybe we'll pick up a cake knife if we can find one cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodimichelle View Post
Hi Laura

Marachi band..is that an outside vendor? If you dont mind me asking- How much did they charge?

I am considering having them during the cocktail and ceremony..

Thanks for the info. Lighting is a major thing. My Fiance is in the entertainment industry-Lighting and Music are key!

jodi
Hi Jodi,

The Mariachi band - I believe is an inside vendor with Moon Palace - your MP WC will make the arrangements for their service. (so no worries if they are internal or external vendors)

You may have noticed that they are listed as an option in the Wedding Packages during the ceremony. They are on a 1st come 1st serve basis - therefore if you know you want them, email your WC and put in your request.

The Mariachi Band was $592US per hour - after the ceremony (we also reserved them for the ceremony, but this was part of our Deluxe Wedding Package-that I pre-reserved months in advance) They performed during our Cocktail Reception at the Chapel Garden - worth every penny. They were very entertaining - allowed us photo ops with them etc.

We then had a private dinner on Terrace Venado - we used the self IPOD DJ system - easy to use and they had a staff member onsite to assist us the entire time. We also reserved the extra lighting.

Lighting - have your WC fwd you the lists for DJ - Self-DJ & Lighting - worth it - the lighting makes a huge difference - looks great in pictures too.

MP is amazing - We are already booked to go back next year for our Anniversary.

Happy to help . . . Wishing you all the best wink.gif
Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
About the cake knife, we didn't bring one but I wish we had, the one we used looked like a large butter knife and in the pics it looks kind of funny. Nobody else even noticed it, only me LOL but it is one of those little things I totally didn't think I'd care about!

Hello,

We purchased a cake knife & server at home - I decorated them with a starfish & ribbon (to match our colour scheme) on the handle of one and a shell & ribbon on the handle of the other.

They turned out amazing and held up wonderfully. It was a nice touch with our special ordered beach theme cake. We received lots of wonderful feedback and the photos are great.

We were able to take them home & display them in our china cabinet.

Worth the little bit of extra work.

Good Luck
Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleGrifa View Post
Hi Jodi,

The Mariachi band - I believe is an inside vendor with Moon Palace - your MP WC will make the arrangements for their service. (so no worries if they are internal or external vendors)

You may have noticed that they are listed as an option in the Wedding Packages during the ceremony. They are on a 1st come 1st serve basis - therefore if you know you want them, email your WC and put in your request.

The Mariachi Band was $592US per hour - after the ceremony (we also reserved them for the ceremony, but this was part of our Deluxe Wedding Package-that I pre-reserved months in advance) They performed during our Cocktail Reception at the Chapel Garden - worth every penny. They were very entertaining - allowed us photo ops with them etc.

We then had a private dinner on Terrace Venado - we used the self IPOD DJ system - easy to use and they had a staff member onsite to assist us the entire time. We also reserved the extra lighting.

Lighting - have your WC fwd you the lists for DJ - Self-DJ & Lighting - worth it - the lighting makes a huge difference - looks great in pictures too.

MP is amazing - We are already booked to go back next year for our Anniversary.

Happy to help . . . Wishing you all the best wink.gif
Laura



Hello!

I wish I could start planning alreadddddy! I am like 95% sure I am going with Moon Palace, but most recently my fiance's godfather has a connection with another hotel and we are trying to decide. We haven't received any information on what the other resort can do for us.. So I am just frustrated. I know we have PLENTY of time (July 2010), but it feels like everything is going so fast!!

Thanks again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laura (Hale),

 

Quick question - did you include Tammara and Grant in your guest count for your reception? Would you have to purchase a meal and reserve a place setting for them?

 

Thanks,

Myen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×