Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Hi everyone. It's official... I'm also experiencing what many of you have shared.. number of people going to the wedding dropping. sad.gif Yesterday one of my very good friends shared that he is not sure whether or not he will be able to go now due to $$$. While I KNOW I can't "expect" people to come, it's still a sad thought. I am trying to contact people and share that air costs have recently dropped dramatically!! Unfortunately our airfare was booked when it was high....but since it's $200 cheaper per person right now I'm hoping it may help some who were "on the fence" to join us.

In addition to that, I have sent 3 e-mails to my On-Site WC and have heard nothing back! Grrrr. Marlyn told me to inform her if I didn't hear back soon. I don't want to be a pain, but I have some questions that I would like answered! I guess I'll e-mail back and share. I was thinking of seeing if I could be switched to Nancy as I've read numerous fabulous things about her on here.

On a positive note, my dress shipped last Saturday and we have the date set for our AHR here in PA. It's all about positive thinking, righthuh.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Thanks!! The cake was $40 and purchased at MP - You have 2 choices of cakes - one is smaller and serves less people (the one that I chose) and the other one is huge and I think it was $200 anyways they let you choose the shape (round, square, heart) and I asked if I could have starfish and shells on it - My WC said sure, and there was no extra charge - I was super excited about it!

I was SO impressed with the bar at our cocktail function, we got the free cocktail hour which we used as our dinner/reception b/c Our wedding was later in the day - there was tons of food by the way, and they set up our own private bar with every kind of liquor you can imagine, honestly I can't remember if it was top shelf, but we had waiters/waitresses going around asking guests if they wanted another drink, as well as 2 bartenders at the little bar the whole time! And it was private, only for my guests!! I was so impressed by that!!!

Also, FYI we had no trouble at all at the Cancun airport, there were people there and some asked us if we needed rides,etc, but we just smiled and said "no thanks, we know exactly where we are going" which we did!! Just bring all your transfer docs with you and make sure you KNOW the name of your transfer company so you know which van/car to look for when you get outside the airport!

Hi

So true . . every function was amazing and top of the line!

Our bars, food & service at our Welcome Dinner, Cocktail Reception & Private Dinner were huge - loads of selection . . very impressive!

Our wedding was truly magical =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myen View Post
Laura (Hale),

Quick question - did you include Tammara and Grant in your guest count for your reception? Would you have to purchase a meal and reserve a place setting for them?

Thanks,
Myen

HoLa Myen!

Yes, we included Tammara & Grant in our guest count for all items that our guests received - they were included in the dinner and dancing, favour, after reception guest thank you treat in rooms etc.

Treating them as a guest is the best things . . .they know when to be 'on things' & when to enjoy the party!

They are amazing =)

Wishing you all the best
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Hey Nina, Ok I have to admit, I check this thread out from time to time, to see how your planning is going. :-) Ok I tried to see if I could find a cake topper for you, cause you know how Boston crazy I'am. Anyway, I found this site, and they do custom work. Maybe you could contact them to see if they can do a cake topper for you?

CRAFTY AJ HOME
OMG...I totally did already find someone on etsy to make me a cake topper. I searched and couldn't find anything satisfactory either. I sent her our engagement pictures and pictures of our babies this morning!

I'll definitely send you a picture/post one on here when I get it!!! I'm pretty excited about it...I might try to sleep with it next to me because I miss my pups so much!!!

For everyone else...yes...I am a little obsessive about Boston Terriers...*sigh*

Hi Ladies!

So I am in the process of booking my wedding. I am now in touch with a sales rep. I am planning on getting married beg. of July and the time I had chosen was for 5 or 6 pm. on the beach.. Is that a good time? any suggestions?

Also...I am a little confused (sorry if I am being crazy) how did you girls pick a "collection"? there r soo many Were all the flowers satin?

Any helpful information would be great (I am sure somewhere on this thread someone has posted something about this)

Who got married on the beach? Can you send me pics of the set up!

Thanks soo much...

Hi Ladies!

So I am in the process of booking my wedding. I am now in touch with a sales rep. I am planning on getting married beg. of July and the time I had chosen was for 5 or 6 pm. on the beach.. Is that a good time? any suggestions?

Also...I am a little confused (sorry if I am being crazy) how did you girls pick a "collection"? there r soo many Were all the flowers satin?

Any helpful information would be great (I am sure somewhere on this thread someone has posted something about this)

Who got married on the beach? Can you send me pics of the set up!

Thanks soo much...

Hi everyone. It's official... I'm also experiencing what many of you have shared.. number of people going to the wedding dropping. sad.gif Yesterday one of my very good friends shared that he is not sure whether or not he will be able to go now due to $$$. While I KNOW I can't "expect" people to come, it's still a sad thought. I am trying to contact people and share that air costs have recently dropped dramatically!! Unfortunately our airfare was booked when it was high....but since it's $200 cheaper per person right now I'm hoping it may help some who were "on the fence" to join us."

Hi! We have the same date booked! 8/1/09 at 3pm at the chapel. We're heaaring the same things...so far two couples have confirmed that they can't go...and only a very few poeple have booked...keep ur hope alive though, people tend to book late and either way, being married to the love of your life is the best part of this whole thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureaka View Post
Hi everyone. It's official... I'm also experiencing what many of you have shared.. number of people going to the wedding dropping. sad.gif Yesterday one of my very good friends shared that he is not sure whether or not he will be able to go now due to $$$. While I KNOW I can't "expect" people to come, it's still a sad thought. I am trying to contact people and share that air costs have recently dropped dramatically!! Unfortunately our airfare was booked when it was high....but since it's $200 cheaper per person right now I'm hoping it may help some who were "on the fence" to join us."

Hi! We have the same date booked! 8/1/09 at 3pm at the chapel. We're heaaring the same things...so far two couples have confirmed that they can't go...and only a very few poeple have booked...keep ur hope alive though, people tend to book late and either way, being married to the love of your life is the best part of this whole thing!

While I've had people that I was sure coming suddenly not be able to I've also had people that I was sure weren't coming book their rooms. You never really know until you leave I guess. :)

I'm sure it will all work out and you will have a fabulous time, after all you know that you and your FI will be there. :)