Photo

Monogram question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky1

Lucky1
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:23 AM

So my honey's first and last name both begin with D. Does anyone think that would look weird/funny as a monogram for us?

#2 EricaG

EricaG
    • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:29 AM

I don't think that it would look weird. You would have your first initial on it as well. Since I am not sure what your name is, let's say your name starts with 'S'. Then your monogram could look like this:

SDD

When you have it in a fancier font, like a script or something, I think it would look great.
      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#3 Lucky1

Lucky1
      • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:35 AM

Or maybe the last name initial in a different but coordinating font (or much larger) so it stands out more than our initials?

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

Think you've just got to be careful how you do it honestly.

My FI's initials are SAC so I wouldn't do it lmao it also depends on your warped sense of humour lol

Or if your initials are ST then STD is not good lol - just an example but you see what I mean :-)

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

not at all, I think you can have something interesting with that.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

are you worried about someone thinking about this when they see it ?
            sorry, i couldn't resist

but i do think that if you used a larger font for the middle letter, in a coordinating color like you suggested, that it would be just fine. if someone thinks funny of it, then they need to get their head out of the gutter :) oops, that might be me

#7 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DougsGirl
              are you worried about someone thinking about this when they see it ?
              sorry, i couldn't resist

but i do think that if you used a larger font for the middle letter, in a coordinating color like you suggested, that it would be just fine. if someone thinks funny of it, then they need to get their head out of the gutter :) oops, that might be me
              and me i'm soo guilty of that with people's initials lol

#8 Lucky1

Lucky1
              • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

No, not at all...My first initial is an M so none of those funny one's come into play. I just thought it wuld look weird to do a monogram that had two initials that were the same right next to each other. Just haven't seen too many of those.

#9 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

you could put the initial of your first name then a d then your last name and then the other d to split it up if you think that will look better

#10 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

my monograms had our entire first names on them, you could do something like this
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users