Photo

how much are you budgeting for the trip? (not the wedding)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Pisces

Pisces
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

Just wondering how much are you allotting for excursions and fun things during your trip? We only have so much money for the whole thing and I don't want to overdo it on the wedding and then miss out on a few things we could have done as a couple. For example, I really want to take a helicopter ride over Maui, but it's around $250 per person... there are so many cool things like that that are expensive and hard to justify. But it's also one of those things I don't want to miss out on, you know?

So far, our budget is like this:

about 7K for the wedding itself (including my dress, the rings and his attire- we only have 14 guests)
    5K for travel & lodging for us (includes our vehicle rental for the two weeks)
    so spending?? I am thinking another 2K is reasonable, but is it enough? We will be there for two weeks and eating in our condo for the most part (buying groceries at Costco which we did last time and it worked out fantastic).

What have you all allotted?
    Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#2 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

I feel like I've heard that people typically spend around $5,000 for their honeymoon. I think $2,000 in spending money should be fine.

#3 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

we're in that $2K range as well.

#4 Pisces

Pisces
        • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

good to know- thanks for sharing!

I can't wait for your wedding review when you get back Susan!
          Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#5 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
          • 371 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

we are bring 1k but we are in mexico and have been told from friends that at an AI resort they only spent around 400 to 500 dollars.. I know if we bring it we will spend it so.. less is better for us!

#6 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Pisces
              I can't wait for your wedding review when you get back Susan!
              Now that work is slowing down I'm really getting excited & trying to tie up all the loose ends. We ordered a bunch of stuff for our OOT bags this weekend & now it feels like it's really happening.

(sorry for the thread hijack!)

#7 Jenn

Jenn
              • 1,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

$2k is probably a good number. Remember that you will probably also get money from some guests... don'y rely on it, but you will probably have a little extra once you get there.

#8 Tamster808

Tamster808
                • 193 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

You mean I am suppose to include that in my budget?
                  We are getting married on a cruise so I figure $2K but we are going to come home pick up the dogs and head off somewhere. I have not even started to think about how much that will be.

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

Oh jeez.. I haven't even figured all that out yet. But I have a feeling we are not gonna skimp on the fun stuff.. no matter what. It's our honeymoon and probably the one time (maybe?) that we will go there so we are gonna do EVERYTHING we want to and damn the prices... haha! Although I must say, in my original budget I think I listed $2k for fun stuff. I have a feeling we will go over that though because we want to do the helicopter tour too.. and it's expensive.

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

we have not set our honeymoon spending budget yet but i have a feeling we will just spend whatever we want, i don't mean like trump style but if we want to do the helicopter tour or go to dinner or spa, we'll just do it an dnot think about it until we get home...then christmas will suck LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users