Photo

Second Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

Is anyone or has anyone had second thoughts about their wedding location? At first I was in love with the Riu Ocho Rios but now I'm worried that I may have picked the wrong place. We wanted to get married on the beach and have our reception on the beach, our ceremony is on the beach but not reception. The area where we could have it just didn't seem private enough, in my opinion. I've seen so many pictures from Mexico and now I'm thinking that we should have gone to Mexico AHHH hopefully I'm just over thinking things but has anyone else felt this way?

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

Oh yessss...

this is my 3rd site visit if that tells you anything

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
      • 220 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

I've never been to Jamaica and I don't plan on going until I go down for our wedding. I am not feeling too good about this.

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

In your siggy it says 23 guests have booked so far. In that case I would just stick with your location. ROR has gotten great reviews from past brides - I'm sure it will be great! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
          • 220 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

I can't change sites and the reviews have been great, I'm just whining I guess. Thanks and have fun on your site visit (again) : )

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

I've thought about this too. Mexico would have been cheaper anyway. But, I figure we'll have a wonderful time no matter where we are. Some of my family and FI's really haven't been very supportive about the wedding, have bitched about price mainly. I'm guessing the same thing would happen no matter where we are, so why not go where we want.

#7 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
              • 1,266 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

I did at first.... No one was going to afford to come! But I got over it. Yesterday was our shower and I was overwhelmed with just 40 guest! I didnt enjoy the food or cake. I didnt even get to hang with my FI. We felt obliged to work the tables.

#8 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Absolutely! We went from the Riu Palace to the Riu Santa Fe.

#9 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

I've heard a lot of people say this and Jen (NYJen) gave the best advice: after you have picked your place, stop looking at other places!!! IMO your first instinct is usually the right one your wedding is going to be perfect!
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

#10 Birdie07

Birdie07
                    • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:55 AM

Oh honey. You'll be fine. I was married at the RIU. And I had second thoughts worrying over it. I got there and it was breathless. I loved it. It's gorgeous and your quests will love it! Stop worrying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users