Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5681 LoveKiss

LoveKiss
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:36 AM

Do they have an examples of their wedding videos or an English website?

#5682 futuremrsroo

futuremrsroo
    • 29 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

lovekiss: if you click on the little Dreams logo at the bottom of the screen it takes you to a video clip. The first option says "ultimate" so I'm assuming it's an example of the one that's included with the ultimate package. It seems short though. I thought the wedding guide stated that the video was 30 mins long? Maybe it's just a sample clip...

Hurricane Rina: 1

futuremrsroo: Take 2 on 1/14/12

#5683 hairdos11

hairdos11
      • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

This might be a stupid question but do I have to contact the photographer that comes with the ultimate package and book him for the time I want or just if I want more time that's not included in the package?     I feel my head spinning with everything left to do. I was told toldt he menus, flowers, etc. can all be picked out when we get there.   Any advice or tips just let me know. Thanks girls

#5684 futuremrsroo

futuremrsroo
        • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

I would love to know this answer, too! I asked Claudia a while ago and she said that she contacts them for us. But I would want to meet them before the weding starts, you know? I hope a past bride can give us the scoop!

This might be a stupid question but do I have to contact the photographer that comes with the ultimate package and book him for the time I want or just if I want more time that's not included in the package?     I feel my head spinning with everything left to do. I was told toldt he menus, flowers, etc. can all be picked out when we get there.   Any advice or tips just let me know. Thanks girls

Hurricane Rina: 1

futuremrsroo: Take 2 on 1/14/12

#5685 Soon2BMrsS

Soon2BMrsS
          • 71 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

I picked out our menu before our arrival just because I wanted to make menu cards to place at each setting. Cecilia let us choose between both the silver and gold menu's, as well as our appitizers for our cocktail hour.  I guess it just makes us feel a little bit more set. I would like to know the same about the Photographer. I will email Cecilia, she has been wonderful in her responses to me, I would be buggin in not!

#5686 nfriedenberg

nfriedenberg
            • 26 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

I am concerned about being able to get all of my Welcome Bag products through customs without any issues (ex: sunscreen, sunlock, etc.)  Are there any past brides up here that took a lot of these products with you and did you have any issues?  For those of you that are about to go, are you taking welcome bags, if so please let us know if you have any issues transporting them? Thanks....

#5687 jana297

jana297
              • 646 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:12 AM

We have decided that one month before we leave we will be having all of our guests over for a send off cocktail party and will be giving out everyone their out of town bags! It is a lot easier than dealing with customs!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                April 6, 2012

#5688 Katnkiko

Katnkiko
                • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know, If theres an extra cost for the reception? I choose the ultimate wedding package, but it doesn't indicate reception area cost.  Wondering if thats included.

Thanks,

Kat

#5689 jana297

jana297
                  • 646 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

There is no additional cost for the reception!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                    April 6, 2012

#5690 BreMarie

BreMarie
                    • 24 posts
                    • Wedding Date:December 10, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Puerto Aventuras

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hey Ladies,

I'm just now getting started on thinking about wedding plans, I vacationed at Dreams last April and knew that's where I wanted to get married.  We are looking at getting married next November, but reading through this site has me so overwhelmed, with all of the additional costs for little things like napkins, and rehearsal dinners, etc.  Also, a lot of you ladies seem very creative as far as centerpieces go, and I have zero knack for creativity!  

I guess my main question is this, and I hope it is not offensive, for those of you who did the ultimate wedding package... what was your total bottom line?  One of the main reasons I want a destination wedding is to deal with less stress and hassle... and of course to save money on the big fancy wedding with the large venue and expensive catered food!  I'm just curious to a ballpark figure I should keep in mind.

Thanks in advance :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users