Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5181 KWally24

KWally24
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hello ladies!

I just wanted to inform of you of an email I got today from Cecilia.  I had already had a confirmed wedding date (5/28/12) and we had been working on details of my wedding, but then I received this:

Dear Kara, sorry for the late response.
    I did not answering you before because we were talking to the hotel management.
    The hotel will have renovations starting on April 16th and ending by December 16th 2012.

Regards!

I have been to a hotel before that was doing renovations (didn't know, the hotel never informed us) and it was awful, loud and defintely not relaxing.  I know I will unfortunately have to begin the search of a new hotel location for my wedding, but thought I'd pass on this information :(    Thanks for all the ideas and congrats to all those getting married!

#5182 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

KWally24 - I am sorry to hear about the renovations, but I am with you...I would be looking for another hotel too.  The renovations might not be that bad and might not disrupt your trip, but you can't risk that for your wedding.  I wish you the best of luck in selecting a new resort.

#5183 caboose

caboose
      • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

Is that April 2012 or April 2011????

Hello ladies!

I just wanted to inform of you of an email I got today from Cecilia.  I had already had a confirmed wedding date (5/28/12) and we had been working on details of my wedding, but then I received this:

The hotel will have renovations starting on April 16th and ending by December 16th 2012.

Regards!

I have been to a hotel before that was doing renovations (didn't know, the hotel never informed us) and it was awful, loud and defintely not relaxing.  I know I will unfortunately have to begin the search of a new hotel location for my wedding, but thought I'd pass on this information :(    Thanks for all the ideas and congrats to all those getting married!

September 3rd 2011 @ Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
        *** Bride & Groom + 52 booked and counting ***

#5184 steph2011

steph2011
        • 82 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

Thank you for this information Kara.  My sister's wedding took place during renovations at Sandals in Jamaica.  We were not disturbed by any of the construction during our time there.  I understand you may want to look for a different resort, but keep in mind that it may not be a problem.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

#5185 barbiebride24

barbiebride24
          • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by KWally24 

Hello ladies!

Regards!

My wedding is in June 24th 2011 and everyone is booked already.. I hope things arent that bad...

#5186 muitoquerida

muitoquerida
            • 233 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

I dont think the tower is under renovation. That is area where the ceremony and reception takes place.

#5187 muitoquerida

muitoquerida
              • 233 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

It will be under renovation 2012 not 2011!!

Originally Posted by barbiebride24 

My wedding is in June 24th 2011 and everyone is booked already.. I hope things arent that bad...

#5188 KWally24

KWally24
                • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:18 AM

Yes, that is for 2012.  I emailed Cecilia to see what would be going on approximately since that will be the beginning of construction, and she told me, "The hotel will be closed, they will remodelate the pool, the rooms, etc, not the gazebo."   Even if I wanted to still have my wedding there I can't, they are shutting it for 9 months :(    

#5189 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Wow - shutting the whole place for 9 months.  As unfortunate as that is, I would just be thankful that she told you at this point so that you have plenty of time to select another resort.

#5190 barbiebride24

barbiebride24
                    • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by muitoquerida 

It will be under renovation 2012 not 2011!!

Thank god!  Omg I was starting to breath hard lol! I know my travel agent would of said something by now lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users