Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1571 lucy106

lucy106
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,880 posts

    Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ash0628
    So I can only have a buffet is there is 30 people coming that sucks cause they don't do plated on the beach Hope i can get 30 people!
    They dont do plated on the beach? I thought it was just based on the number. Guess we are doing a buffett, oh well!!

    #1572 ash0628

    ash0628
    • Newbie
    • 83 posts

      Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

      I am going to book my photog before i have seen my contract from dreams is this a bad idea i just don't want to loose the photgrapher!

      #1573 lucy106

      lucy106
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,880 posts

        Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ash0628
        I am going to book my photog before i have seen my contract from dreams is this a bad idea i just don't want to loose the photgrapher!
        The only reason I can think of why not to is it scares me to do that before you have a date set in writing. Is the photographer encouraging you to do it now?

        #1574 Angel

        Angel
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,635 posts

          Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by JODEY
          Does anyone have the phone number including the code I would have to dial from the UK for dreams to get in touch with Gaby, I know people have had problems with this but I'm going to have a go. The number from the website is - 52 (99 848 7000 Do I need to miss any of the digits off ect ....
          Thanks for your help !

          I know when I've called I had to dial 011 and then the number. I don't know if you would have to do that as well.

          #1575 cancunbride

          cancunbride
          • Member
          • 531 posts

            Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Samantha S
            Do you gals think it would be a bad idea to send the total amount we owe for the wedding to Dreams right now? I am paranoid about being able to save enough and think it will be easier on us to do that but wonder about the risks of doing that.... any thoughts?

            I was thinking of paying my wedding upfront too just cause I dont want to spend that money I prefer to just pay it all and not worry about it...I would love to hear opinions on this one..

            #1576 cancunbride

            cancunbride
            • Member
            • 531 posts

              Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lucy106
              The only reason I can think of why not to is it scares me to do that before you have a date set in writing. Is the photographer encouraging you to do it now?
              thats pretty risky...I would book my date first, Dreams books up very fast, maybe that date wont be available and you already have your photog booked..I would wait for sure then as soon as you are confirmed book ur photog

              #1577 Angel

              Angel
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,635 posts

                Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

                I think it's okay to pay ahead of time just as long as you know for sure that everything on your contract isn't going to change later on. I'm going to have mine paid for at least 30 days before I get there because I should have everything finalized by then and I know my guest count probably wouldn't change.

                #1578 ash0628

                ash0628
                • Newbie
                • 83 posts

                  Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

                  I have my date booked at dreams and have gotten confiamtion from gaby I have just not gotten the contract back but have done the Q&A as well!

                  #1579 angela1184

                  angela1184
                  • Newbie
                  • 104 posts

                    Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ash0628
                    I have my date booked at dreams and have gotten confiamtion from gaby I have just not gotten the contract back but have done the Q&A as well!
                    Ash0628 i wouldn’t rush into anything. wait until you have a contract from Dreams and then be sure they allow outside vendors. if your photog knows you want that date see if they have worked w Dreams before. i know some brides had a hard time w outside vendors while others were not even questioned. i am planning on using claudia rodriguez--i spoke w her and she is reserving the date for me until i hear back from Gaby.

                    i know you are excited and anxious to get it all done asap (we all are), but i would just sit tight before putting $ down on a phtog with out knowing FOR SURE. you still have PLENTY of time. as soon as i sent my Q&A back i had some for of a contract within a day. i have made adjustments to it and I’m still waiting on a response but that’s a different story ha ha

                    just be patient and I’m sure your photog will still be available in a week


                    #1580 angela1184

                    angela1184
                    • Newbie
                    • 104 posts

                      Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cancunbride
                      I was thinking of paying my wedding upfront too just cause I dont want to spend that money I prefer to just pay it all and not worry about it...I would love to hear opinions on this one..
                      BE STORNG girls and stash that money aside until your wedding. Im sure there is nothing taht would happen if you did pay ahead of time, but personally i would feel more confident knowing that they need to bend over backwards for me bc they are still waiting on my final payment. im sure they would do so even if they had your full payment, but what if you decide to make last min changes once you arrive and you have a hard time gettign a refund/adjustment.

                      i would wait if i were you....like i said hide or stash the $ away so you are not tempted to spend it. heck give it to your mother so you know it will be in safe hands

                      best of luck!




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users