Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1171 ~Andie~

~Andie~
  • Newbie
  • 36 posts

    Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

    So...I have a very general question about wedding colors. I have been stressing about it, more then anything else. I know since it's a beach wedding it should be colorful, bright and fun....but I have this fear about putting one of my bridesmaids in a bright color. Then I thought we could have a romantic/classy wedding. Ok...the colors I chose are Black, White, Accents of Hot Pink and Silver. Is this too scary?? Also, I was a little nervous about having black dresses for photos, if it happened to get a little dark. Any input?? Or do you think this combo will work??

    #1172 PaulaV

    PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

      Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tlomlad
      we are gettin married at 630 in july OMG its less than 3months away, but in my research sunset is around 730 so we should get some good day pics as well as sunset pics i hope!
      Hey Ana! Remember the sun sets on the other side of the resort from where the gazebo is located. We had pictures taken down by the beach on the tower side and around the gazebo.
      I think Jill went to the other side over by the lighthouse for some of their pictures.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by vtello
      We are getting married at 4 in Nov also....
      I was married at 3:30pm, but it was Feb, it was a perfect time.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by kristi
      Are you guys doing a sand ceremony? Or any readings? If so where are you buying your sand?
      Also at the reception are you doing a garter/bouquet toss? If so when are you doing this?
      I'm having my reception in the club tower but want to do dancing outside on the terrace..anyone else doing this? I was just wondering how I would have them set up the sound system?
      Past brides....can we leave the doors open so we can hear it and set up outside?
      I'm so clueless to all this stuff!!!
      Thanks for your help.
      We had no readings, no sand ceremony, just hand ceremony.
      Garter and bouquet toss were done about 3/4 way through the reception.

      We had the cocktail hr on the terrace, dinner inside in the club tower terrace and dancing back outside. There was a speaker outside and one inside.
      Doors were open.
      Worked out great.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~Andie~
      So...I have a very general question about wedding colors. I have been stressing about it, more then anything else. I know since it's a beach wedding it should be colorful, bright and fun....but I have this fear about putting one of my bridesmaids in a bright color. Then I thought we could have a romantic/classy wedding. Ok...the colors I chose are Black, White, Accents of Hot Pink and Silver. Is this too scary?? Also, I was a little nervous about having black dresses for photos, if it happened to get a little dark. Any input?? Or do you think this combo will work??

      I decided on deep orange dresses for the contrast of the blue ocean and green grass... this coming from someone that dresses in mostly black and neutrals, (some greens and oranges). So my advice, choose a colour you like. Sounds like hot pink will *pop*!

      #1173 dmarie17

      dmarie17
      • Jr. Member
      • 276 posts

        Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

        For anyone who had their reception in the Terrace (Paula!!), do you need to rent a dance floor? How exactly does that work with the tables set up? Do they just move stuff after dinner or what?
        I've emailed Dreams 5 times about this and they answer other questions but keep avoiding this one. Driving me crazy!

        #1174 PaulaV

        PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

          Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dmarie17
          For anyone who had their reception in the Terrace (Paula!!), do you need to rent a dance floor? How exactly does that work with the tables set up? Do they just move stuff after dinner or what?
          I've emailed Dreams 5 times about this and they answer other questions but keep avoiding this one. Driving me crazy!
          I had my reception in the Club Tower lobby, just inside from the terrace.
          No need to rent a dance floor. We had two dances inside (middle area between tables) and the rest out on the terrace.

          My best advice to look at pictures of previous weddings and make note.
          My pictures have one table configuration and SusanK has another of the indoor tower area setup. TA Jill has the long setup on the terrace.

          These are the things I worried too much about which I had NO reason to, they do this all the time! They are the experts!
          They will go over this with you when you get there.

          Claudia and Daniela do not have much time in their office to answer emails. So they focus on those coming up (and they will give you the best attention once you are about a month out) and trying to give people dates for their weddings. They spend their time running around for weddings AND any other special events. They have added a lot of info to the website though just this year.

          If you have questions and they don't answer, which if your wedding is far off they may not yet, post it here or send those of us that were married there a PM :)

          #1175 flygirl

          flygirl
          • Jr. Member
          • 263 posts

            Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

            So i was thinking of maybe making my own cheapo table runners just to add a little color to the reception tables. Does anyone know what size their rounds are? Are they a 10 top or 8 top?

            #1176 lucy106

            lucy106
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,880 posts

              Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by flygirl
              So i was thinking of maybe making my own cheapo table runners just to add a little color to the reception tables. Does anyone know what size their rounds are? Are they a 10 top or 8 top?
              I just looked at some stock pictures I have, one is a beach reception and one is a garden reception, they both show 8 person tables.

              #1177 cancunbride2be

              cancunbride2be
              • Jr. Member
              • 153 posts

                Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by flygirl
                So i was thinking of maybe making my own cheapo table runners just to add a little color to the reception tables. Does anyone know what size their rounds are? Are they a 10 top or 8 top?
                They actually have both. I had 4 10 tops and 1 8 top at my wedding (we were 50 people total, but my husband and I sat at a sweetheart table...which is a half round).
                Happily Married 1/25/08
                Dreams Resort, Cancun

                #1178 savory

                savory
                • Newbie
                • 10 posts

                  Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

                  Do the tables at the reception come with white tablecloths? What about the chairs--do they have white covers (the same chairs as the ceremony)?

                  Daniella said that floral centerpieces would cost $40-70 per table, which seems pricey to me. I'm thinking about bringing my own centerpieces. Any suggestions for things that would be easy to bring?

                  One thought I had was creating luminaries. I wonder if it would be too windy though...perhaps battery powered candles would work. Has anyone tried those before?

                  #1179 dc22173

                  dc22173
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 240 posts

                    Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

                    My contract states that the reception tables come with white linens and white chair covers. I confirmed this with Daniella a while ago too. As for the center pieces, I dont think I want to pay that much for them so I will probably make them and bring them with me.

                    #1180 PaulaV

                    PaulaV
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,813 posts

                      Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dc22173
                      My contract states that the reception tables come with white linens and white chair covers. I confirmed this with Daniella a while ago too. As for the center pieces, I dont think I want to pay that much for them so I will probably make them and bring them with me.
                      They do come with white table cloths. When I was looking closely at pictures from previous weddings, I noticed there were some that were lace.
                      I don't really care for lace, so I asked for plain ones instead.

                      TA Jill took her own centerpieces, so you may want to look her pictures up.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users