Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
Oh Paula! Hello - how are you feeling?? I was meaning to ask how the buffet was.....did you end up going with that or the sit down dinner? When does Dreams need to know your choice on this?
I am much better thanks for asking, just a little cough still.
Doesn't help that it's freezing cold and snowy here, bah!
Since we had more than 40 people, and so much of the food options sounded good to us, we did the buffet.
I let her know about a week and a half before the wedding, but she didn't ask for it. She just reconfirmed our choices and we changed one dessert and it was no problem.
It was all delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffJT View Post
Paula,

I want to steal your gorgeous cake, but didn't see it in the options Claudia sent me. Did you get it from somewhere else?
The cake was on the document she sent, it was actually the $300 cake with some with white orchids with yellowish centers, but I told her we only needed cake for 30 (which still didn't get eaten) so it was $150 more than what came with the package.

The cake that comes with the package is a one layer cake.
I knew we hd some really good dessert choices and people probably wouldn't eat much cake, but I wanted a layered wedding cake.
We smuggled some back which probably went bad on the way :)
I actually wanted it to be more plain looking, but it was still very pretty.
Here is a before and after...
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

about the terrance and reception sites... here are some pictures to help...

 

the terrance arial view- from our bedroom

Click the image to open in full size.

 

a view of the pool (thats right in front of the terrace) & the gazebo

--> the triangle grass part between the gazebo & pool is the GARDEN

Click the image to open in full size.

 

couple different pics of the outdoor terrance

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

this is the outdoor terrance being set up for a cocktail hour

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

indoor terrance set up for a wedding- with round tables

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

 

 

hope this helps... i have more pics... if you need them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODEY View Post
Hey Jenn, I notice you mention prices are only for 2008, This is why although my wedding is a long time away I want to get my contract signed as soon as so that I can hold the prices, Its annoying to think that a lot of these extras prices could change ! Like you I thought it was package 3 included, thanks for your thoughts and advice x
I asked her the following:

The paperwork states the rates for 2008, since we are booking early, are we still able to get these rates for our wedding even though we are in 2009?

Claudia's response:
I can honor you the prices fort he services the hotel provides (menus, cakes, wedding package) but not the external services from our suppliers, (such as flowers. photos, video, etc)


smile105.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
I am much better thanks for asking, just a little cough still.
Doesn't help that it's freezing cold and snowy here, bah!
Since we had more than 40 people, and so much of the food options sounded good to us, we did the buffet.
I let her know about a week and a half before the wedding, but she didn't ask for it. She just reconfirmed our choices and we changed one dessert and it was no problem.
It was all delicious!



The cake was on the document she sent, it was actually the $300 cake with some with white orchids with yellowish centers, but I told her we only needed cake for 30 (which still didn't get eaten) so it was $150 more than what came with the package.

The cake that comes with the package is a one layer cake.
I knew we hd some really good dessert choices and people probably wouldn't eat much cake, but I wanted a layered wedding cake.
We smuggled some back which probably went bad on the way :)
I actually wanted it to be more plain looking, but it was still very pretty.
Here is a before and after...
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Sorry to hear you are still sick! I don't want to tell you the weather here in FL :) Hope you get better soon! Where do you live?

Thanks for posting your cake - this is the one we will get instead of the flowers. Did you get to pick out what you wanted as far as the flowers on the cake or would they let you leave it plain for some ribbon and a cake topper?? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
I asked her the following:

The paperwork states the rates for 2008, since we are booking early, are we still able to get these rates for our wedding even though we are in 2009?

Claudia's response:
I can honor you the prices fort he services the hotel provides (menus, cakes, wedding package) but not the external services from our suppliers, (such as flowers. photos, video, etc)


smile105.gif
Arrr... ok, fair enough, I want my cake and eat it !! (exuse the pun Paula he he he! )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlomlad View Post
about the terrance and reception sites... here are some pictures to help...

the terrance arial view- from our bedroom
Click the image to open in full size.

a view of the pool (thats right in front of the terrace) & the gazebo
--> the triangle grass part between the gazebo & pool is the GARDEN
Click the image to open in full size.

couple different pics of the outdoor terrance
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

this is the outdoor terrance being set up for a cocktail hour
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

indoor terrance set up for a wedding- with round tables
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.



hope this helps... i have more pics... if you need them!

Thanks for posting those pic's they're great !! it gives me much more of a better idea of how it all looks, if you have any others I could look @ it would be much appreciated, thank you chick ! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlomlad View Post
jodey... i think im going to make a thread with all the pics from the trip... keep your eyes out for it
What a good idea !! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×