Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Congrats, carolina24! I'm in the same boat, I sent my Questionairre back to Cecilia this week, and now i just need to send in my deposit to book my date - 10/23/2010!! I'm getting so excited!

Question - Cecilia sent me the payment options document. It says you can either pay with certified check or wire transfer. Does wire transfer mean sending them your credit card information? How did you all make your deposit payment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having my dinner reception at the Club Terrace. Does anyone know if we are allowed to decorate the place ourselves? I want to have drapery, lights and bring a lot of candles. I asked Cecilia but she hasn't email me back yet and it has been more than 5 days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how payments work for the actually wedding? I had a friend tell me that they were unable to pay by credit card because it was such a high amount being charged in Mexico. They had even called their card company before they left.

 

What did most Dreams couples do? Did you pay in travelers checks or cash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate82 View Post
I'm having my dinner reception at the Club Terrace. Does anyone know if we are allowed to decorate the place ourselves? I want to have drapery, lights and bring a lot of candles. I asked Cecilia but she hasn't email me back yet and it has been more than 5 days!
I think that you can give your decorations to your WC and they will take care of it for you. It is VERY windy in the terrace, the candles will probably not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneDay View Post
Does anyone know how payments work for the actually wedding? I had a friend tell me that they were unable to pay by credit card because it was such a high amount being charged in Mexico. They had even called their card company before they left.

What did most Dreams couples do? Did you pay in travelers checks or cash?
You are going to have to make some sort of payment before the wedding. usually 50%. I paid that with a CC. Then we we got there my parents split it (they are divorsed) one paid with cash, and the other with a CC. There was no problem with the Credit card, but you will have a small conversion fee, or what ever they call it.
I hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilke5 View Post
Congrats, carolina24! I'm in the same boat, I sent my Questionairre back to Cecilia this week, and now i just need to send in my deposit to book my date - 10/23/2010!! I'm getting so excited!
Question - Cecilia sent me the payment options document. It says you can either pay with certified check or wire transfer. Does wire transfer mean sending them your credit card information? How did you all make your deposit payment?
The only option i got for payment of my deposit was CC. Claudia sent me a form asking for all of my credit card information and a copy of my id and i sent it back to my travel agent who sent it to her. While this doesn't seem the safest.. it was very easy. There have been brides on here that have nothing but issues with the wire transfers, it is possible that they have made the process easier since then but who knows.

I am hoping to pay the final payment at the resort on CC as well, i will indeed have to call my credit card company first so they are aware of the transaction but hopefully it wont be a problem, i am certainly not taking that much cash.

I have not heard anything about paying 50% before the wedding, as far as i know all i have to pay is the deposit now, and then the remainder at the resort. Has anyone else heard anything about this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilke5 View Post
Congrats, carolina24! I'm in the same boat, I sent my Questionairre back to Cecilia this week, and now i just need to send in my deposit to book my date - 10/23/2010!! I'm getting so excited!
Question - Cecilia sent me the payment options document. It says you can either pay with certified check or wire transfer. Does wire transfer mean sending them your credit card information? How did you all make your deposit payment?
Conrats on setting a date!! I was very happy to get the email saying my date was confirmed!! It made it so much more real!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilke5 View Post
Congrats, carolina24! I'm in the same boat, I sent my Questionairre back to Cecilia this week, and now i just need to send in my deposit to book my date - 10/23/2010!! I'm getting so excited!
Question - Cecilia sent me the payment options document. It says you can either pay with certified check or wire transfer. Does wire transfer mean sending them your credit card information? How did you all make your deposit payment?
hi sorry...busy week!! a wire transfer is done directly from your bank account into theirs. i believe there is a percentage fee depending on you bank's policy. we're sending a certified check. i wouldn't pay with a credit card if i were you because the banks in mexico charge an extra fee depending on the exchange rate at the time, so your actual charge can be upto $50 more!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine2010 View Post
The only option i got for payment of my deposit was CC. Claudia sent me a form asking for all of my credit card information and a copy of my id and i sent it back to my travel agent who sent it to her. While this doesn't seem the safest.. it was very easy. There have been brides on here that have nothing but issues with the wire transfers, it is possible that they have made the process easier since then but who knows.

I am hoping to pay the final payment at the resort on CC as well, i will indeed have to call my credit card company first so they are aware of the transaction but hopefully it wont be a problem, i am certainly not taking that much cash.

I have not heard anything about paying 50% before the wedding, as far as i know all i have to pay is the deposit now, and then the remainder at the resort. Has anyone else heard anything about this??
cecilia told us we could pay how and when we wanted. you just need to make sure that the balance is paid off the day before the wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate82 View Post
I'm having my dinner reception at the Club Terrace. Does anyone know if we are allowed to decorate the place ourselves? I want to have drapery, lights and bring a lot of candles. I asked Cecilia but she hasn't email me back yet and it has been more than 5 days!
cecilia told me i can bring any decorations that i want; centerpieces, candles, etc. it is very, very winding though so i would get hurricanes if i were you. we're bringing our own centerpieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×