• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:33 PM

Our wedding is at 4pm. Afterwards we will have a private HD reception, cut the cake, make toasts, etc. Our guests will go to a semi-private buffet at one of the restaurants at 7pm. This was much more cost effective than the private dinner that was $100 pp! Instead we get beer, wine, champagne, and passed HDs for 2 hours at $15 pp.

The reception will take place in the garden by the gazebo (I need to find a pic). They include white able covers only and no real table decor.

I'm planning on making turquoise satin toppers and centerpieces for the 4 tables we need. Here is my starting point.
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

I've got the large hurricane that I was going to fill with beach glass, marbles, etc. I don't know if I should do the "drowned" flowers or floating candles. My concern with the candles is that it is late afternoon and not dark.

They will sit on these beautiful aqua marbled glass tiles and I have 4 mini hurricanes for each table as well. Should I use tea lights or a single blossom? Should I tie ribbon around the tops of the hurricanes? Should I scatter shells on the tables?

#2 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

If you don't think you can see the candles, you can add a little bit of blue dye and drown the flowers. The reflection would be the flowers and the glass a nice sparkle. These are going to look very nice!

#3 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
      • 668 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

Go for the drowned flowers! Espc with the size of the hurricane glass. Great colors! I might sprinkle some of the glass etc around outside of glass on the platform thing.

#4 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

It seems like it needs something else around the bottom...I don't know what...just something...rose petals maybe?
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

I think scattered rose petals would look nice. Is turqoise the only color?
            Happily married since 2008

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

ribbon around the base of the hurricanes would be pretty. and i like candles for the 4 small ones, but flowers for the large one.

where did you find the aqua glass tiles? very pretty!

#7 dainanewell

dainanewell
            • 203 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:35 PM

Beautiful....I'm doing almost the same thing but I'm adding starfish around the centerpieces and my floating candles are different shell shapes.

#8 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Erin, how are these coming along?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users