16 replies to this topic

#1 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

I bought some little favor things, now I don't know what to do with them:
    Click the image to open in full size.

They are little tiny bottles to bring home sand. This is something I have done since I was little. Now, I don't know how to distribute them. I only have 20 and we have 30 guests, but I figure one per couple will be plenty.
    • I'm afraid if I put them in the OOT bags they won't be used.
    • I don't have enough of them to put at each place setting.
    • If I just put them in a basket I don't know if people would see them or where/when to put out the basket.

After the work of putting on the ribbons and labels, etc. these people are taking some damn sand home!

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

I would put them an the OOT and maybe tell people to bring them to the wedding (if your ceremony or reception is at the beach) and you can all do it together. One per couple/family is totally enough. They are adorable by the way!

#3 NYJen

• 1,326 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

How about you put sand in them and give them out at favors at the wedding (one per couple.) This way you don't have to worry about people forgetting them or not understanding what they're for.

#4 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:55 AM

i was thinking tie them to your program with a note to fill it while they wait for you to walk down the aisle? something like that?

where did you find them?

#5 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

I got them off e-bay super cheap. I think it was $11 for the lot of 20 including shipping. The bottles are about 3" in tall and have really nice corks. If you want the seller's name, I'll look for it and Pm or post it for you.

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

I would put them in the OOT bags with some bubble wrap for traveling.

#7 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

I was trying to think of a cute or meaningful saying to put with each of them with directions on how to fill them. Yes, I am assuming that my guests are idiots.

The only thing that pops into my head when I think about sand is, " Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives" LOL!

#8 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

What a cute idea! I would put them in the OOT bags or with each couples placecard?? Love the days of our lives saying LOL :)

#9 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

You could put a few on your tables at the reception. Or just give out one per couple/per family at the reception as favors.

#10 bridget917

• 140 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

Can you take sand back to the US? I know customs is somewhat strict about what can and cannot be taken over the border.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users