Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#731 JoLo908

JoLo908
  • 889 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, the webiste does suck! But this thread definitely helps a lot... go through the pages to get some ideas and see pics and prices...I am excited!

#732 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

We had dinner at Tortuga and the tables were rectangle and we had 10 to a table. Yes, they had table cloths and we just used our flowers from the wedding for the head table and I think they had little vases with flowers on the other tables.

There is another option for how many guests you want at each table, but I can't remember what the number was...I know it wasn't 4 though. I wanna say 6?

#733 JoLo908

JoLo908
      • 889 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Okay, so Jazmin said they cannot confirm the wedding time until we get there... How do I tell the photographer when to be there? And... our wedding is "supposed" to be at 4pm, and dinner at 7pm.... Is this a good time slot?

#734 scoutley

scoutley
        • 108 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

Thats really weird JoLo! When I initially booked our wedding with Paloma, she told us that the only possible time for us was 2 pm. Since then mentioned getting a different time slot a couple of times, in emails, and Paloma has been very firm about us doing it at 2. Jazmin pretty much ignores my comments. Weird.
          http://i634.photobuc....3009_174-1.jpg
          What a PERFECT day it was ...

#735 JoLo908

JoLo908
          • 889 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

I don't know... I feel like I want to be all organized to inform people of things, be ready for the photographer, etc... but it is difficult without knowing this stuff until you get there! But i guess they have to wait for the minister to confirm and whatnot... I need to stop stressing about this and go with the flow, but some of these things I just want to know! So far I have to say the planning has been going well though! Bite my tongue LOL..

#736 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

That is strange that she has not given you a time, she gave us 4:00 when we confirmed our date, but we are getting married on the Akumal side.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#737 Sunsierra

Sunsierra
              • 226 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JoLo908
                I don't know... I feel like I want to be all organized to inform people of things, be ready for the photographer, etc... but it is difficult without knowing this stuff until you get there! But i guess they have to wait for the minister to confirm and whatnot... I need to stop stressing about this and go with the flow, but some of these things I just want to know! So far I have to say the planning has been going well though! Bite my tongue LOL..
                Consider yourself lucky. The whole time planning, Jazmin "confirmed" our time slot, but once we got there, then she told us that it wasn't definite - it still had to be confirmed with the minister. We had nothing to worry about though - we got the time we wanted.
                http://i210.photobuc....J-0109-166.jpg
                Stacy & Joel
                Gran Bahia Principe, Mexico
                January 9, 2008MARRIED!!!!Our Review Our Pictures

#738 JoLo908

JoLo908
                • 889 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, we are going to have to get a bullhorn or something to communicate with the guests at the resort lol... How do you go about doing that? Getting their room numbers and leaving messages or something? I have no idea....

#739 steph77

steph77
                  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

I know it is totally frustrating, nothing is settled until you get there. However, if you just "go with it" things will turn out great. (trust me this is not easy, I nearly needed medication to do so, lol).
                    Something to keep in mind though, our wedding was at 4, dinner at 5:30 (ended up being 6 as the restaurant wasn't "ready" for us). So we ate our cake quickly as we wanted sunset pictures. The sun starts setting around 6:45 and by 7:30 it's pretty dark. Just something to keep in mind, depending on the types of pics you want.
                    Married in the Mayan! April 9th 2008

#740 JoLo908

JoLo908
                    • 889 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

I figured as long as the photgrapher is ther for the ceremony, pictures after, we will be fine. Maybe they will even be there for our first dance... that would be nice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users