Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

AHH!  That's so exciting and will be such a fun time!!  How many guests are you having?

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

AHH!  That's so exciting and will be such a fun time!!  How many guests are you having?

We will have between 50 and 55 guests. 

ps I appreciate all your responses people like you really make websites like this work. :)

To those who got legally married in Mexico, how does the ceremony actually work? Is it in spanish? Does someone translate? Do we say our vowes in spanish? Can we say our own vowes? Can I say them in French? LOL

Giving birth soon, I'm in a nesting process...

Oh gosh, I don't even know how you can contain your excitement... the baby and the wedding! This is going to be an interesting period for you!! :)

I was hoping to get some insight on the symbollic ceremony order as well. I was on the other GBP thread, and it mentioned a sermon. I just wanted to know if this sermon was really religious and preachy, which I want to avoid. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. We are doing symbolic and we are not religious so we wanted to avoid anything like that. Do they do a rehearsal for the symbolic?

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

Oh gosh, I don't even know how you can contain your excitement... the baby and the wedding! This is going to be an interesting period for you!! :)

I was hoping to get some insight on the symbollic ceremony order as well. I was on the other GBP thread, and it mentioned a sermon. I just wanted to know if this sermon was really religious and preachy, which I want to avoid. Thanks!

By interesting you mean, how the hell am I gonna be ready for the wedding & fit into my dress 3 months after having a baby + the 18 month old and 11 year old I already have??

I'm considering resorting to alcool.

Hello!  I'm new here.  I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago.  Since then, I have read every single post in this thread and I am fairly certain that the Gran Bahia Principe is the perfect resort for my July 2014 wedding.  I just have a few questions...

I absolute love the Akumal hammocks location!  My only concern is the wind.  Does anybody know if the Tulum gazebo or the palapas locations are any less windy?  Also, is it always windy or does the wind pick up at certain times of the day? 

I'm also really interested in having a poolside reception.  It looks so pretty and sounds like so much fun!  I've even considered having our dinner poolside.  But again, I am a bit concerned that the wind and/or mosquitoes will make our meal less enjoyable.  What do you think?