Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

We had 40 guests but I don't think it would look silly with 16. Most of the time is spent near the bar and dance floor so all your guests will be on the one side of the pool. The other side of the pool will have tables and chairs set up for those who want to sit. The pool itself is small so I don't think it would look empty with 16.

Originally Posted by Rachael View Post

Krama
How many went with you, we only have 16 coming and I dont know how big the location is round the pool for a private event and dont want it to look silly because there is not that many of us
Thanks

Thank you very much girls :) Your all fab! Another question for my brother, He has e mailed the hotel but as we all know.....NO REPLY!!! aaaaarrrrgh! My bro is wanting to take his laptop with him. Does anyone know if the safes will fit a laptop in? and how much is a safe? He is staying in Tulum Many thanks x

Trish I know you have lots of pics of the resort. Do you have any of the gym please? I know what a silly thing to want a pic of but my brother is wanting to see what it is like Thank you x

To my recollection the safe's are not big enough to hold a laptop...an ipad IF you're lucky...but i highly doubt it...:(

Thank you very much girls :) Your all fab!
Another question for my brother, He has e mailed the hotel but as we all know.....NO REPLY!!! aaaaarrrrgh! My bro is wanting to take his laptop with him. Does anyone know if the safes will fit a laptop in? and how much is a safe? He is staying in Tulum
Many thanks x

Quote:

Thank you very much girls :) Your all fab!
Another question for my brother, He has e mailed the hotel but as we all know.....NO REPLY!!! aaaaarrrrgh! My bro is wanting to take his laptop with him. Does anyone know if the safes will fit a laptop in? and how much is a safe? He is staying in Tulum
Many thanks x

Depends on your laptop size, but almost all laptops will NOT fit in the safe.  The safe is about 15 inches, if that.  Even when the shelf is taken out and the laptop is turned at an angle, it still doesn't fit.  My laptop is 17", so I knew it wasn't going to fit.  I had no problems having it there though.

Trish
I know you have lots of pics of the resort. Do you have any of the gym please? I know what a silly thing to want a pic of but my brother is wanting to see what it is like Thank you x

I do indeed.  which gym would you like to see? 

Hi eugenia emailed me last night with the coco bongo party they do which is the hen and stag night they offer, it's $60 to go coco bongos with open bar and a surprise which I thought was good that includes round transport. Xxx

My laptop fit into the safe and I believe it's a 15.2 inch laptop. The safe is $5 per day...when we checked in we told them we were the bride and groom and asked if we could have ours for free which they did :)

Thank you very much girls :) Your all fab! Another question for my brother, He has e mailed the hotel but as we all know.....NO REPLY!!! aaaaarrrrgh! My bro is wanting to take his laptop with him. Does anyone know if the safes will fit a laptop in? and how much is a safe? He is staying in Tulum Many thanks x

Fraggle42,

So far we have 62 guests confirmed! The only cost involved in the poolside reception is the private bar which at minimum was $5pp for beer, wine and margarita (I'm hoping they include everything...vodka, tequila, etc. as they did with past brides) and the DJ $210 USD per hour or resort sound system $60 USD per hour. I have yet to confirm their sound quality. I believe the receptions are normally 2-3 hours. One of the brides I have been back and forth with had her poolside reception scheduled for 8-11pm. Hope this helps!

TSilva

Originally Posted by fraggle42 View Post

I would love to know about the sound quality too. This idea appeals to be because I am not keen on dance music which I believe is what the DJ plays. We could get our guests to request some of their favourite songsto dance to to add to the play list. How many people are you having at your poolside reception and for how long? What have they quoted you if you dont mind me asking.

In relation to the locations question: I guess inside the resort... unless there are some great spots outside the resort that you love and would like to recommend as well :) I didn't even really think about going outside the resort.

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

Quote:

I never go alone.  I always have an assistant or a second photographer with me, so I get to cheat a little :)

This last wedding I took

50mm 1.4

24-70 2.8

70-200 2.8

and a macro lens.

Locations inside the resort or outside of the resort?

And thank you!