Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki&owen View Post
wow this thread has been so informative.
I am booking my wedding at GBP tulum in Feb 2011 and am looking into doing the dinner and reception pool side. It sucks that it can only go until 10:30 though. Does anyone know if it gets cool at night in Feb? I was wondering if I should move my date if I want to do the dinner outside?
Did anyone else get married there in feb - april. I am wondering if I have to be worried about the spring break crowd?
We got married on Feb 28 and the weather was perfect!!! We did the dancing outside and it was a perfect night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
I am having my reception pool side... and yup you have to pay per person ($46 for the meal plus bar service). And I have also heard that it's plastic dishes. I really don't mind. I just like the idea of it being by the pool!
Hi

Do you only have to pay per person if you are doing it poolside?
I have a package with them direct, which includes meal for up to 8 people. So is that all i will pay, the cost of the package, or is there additional costs? Thanks

TurtleWax or anyone other previous GBP brides, I'm wondering about the steaming of the wedding dress. Did you ladies get this done? And did they do a good job? Oh and do you remember what the extra cost was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewax15 View Post
Hi,
We did the same thing that you are planning on doing. We just did the symbolic ceremony down there but did the legal aspect up here. We arrived Saturday and got married Tuesday, but didn't have our initial meeting with her until Monday morning. That was when she booked it, and everything turned out great.

Originally when we were thinking of getting legally married down there in Mexico we were told 3 days, but maybe things have changed. Who knows!?!? :)
Alright, got my answer! Here's what Paloma said:
If it is OK with you - we could do your wedding on may 12th and you will have more time to review details on site with your wedding coordinator - in case you insist on may 11th, will be fine always that you prearrange all details by mail with your coordinator and do not make last minute changes..

So our official wedding date is now Wednesday May 12, 2010! That's fine with me. I figured I'd rather have the extra day in case I do want to change something when I get there or pick up anything extra in town. So excited to finally have a date!!

Hi ladies!

I tried searching for this but this thread has gotten so huge I don't have the patience! For those who have already been married, did you have to pay to bring in an outside photographer? I thought we didn't have to, but then I asked Karla and she wrote back saying yes, it was the $90 day pass. Just wanted to check that others got the same info.

Question for the ladies that have already had their wedding at GBP! Did anyone use the resorts photographer Conrado? What was your experience with him and did the pics turn out nice. We are using him for our wedding and Im hoping that this is a good choice :-)

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Hi ladies!
I tried searching for this but this thread has gotten so huge I don't have the patience! For those who have already been married, did you have to pay to bring in an outside photographer? I thought we didn't have to, but then I asked Karla and she wrote back saying yes, it was the $90 day pass. Just wanted to check that others got the same info.
I got the same answer from her too. I'm just waiting to hear back if I will have to pay it twice since we're doing a TTD session the next day. I wonder if it would be better for us to just get them a room for the night? Have any brides done that at this resort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewax15 View Post
Hi!

When we booked our DJ we booked through Jazzmin, we paid the prices the resort offers, and she got us DJ Bob. We didn't really care which DJ we got, so she hooked us up with DJ Bob, who seems to be a pretty common DJ for people at the resort.

Hi Turtlewax15...do you know if you had to pay for him to come into the resort? Or was that included in the price that you paid to the resort for him?