Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

trisha, just a couple weeks now till i go have your anniversary drink! im SOOOOOOOO excited!!

 

girls, if anyone would like specific pictures or descriptions of something at the resort,

 

PM

me and i will do my best to get it for you! i will post the pics and descriptions in this thread when i get back! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewax15 View Post
Hi ladies! Sorry it's been a while since I posted on here, been uber busy!!

So we still have everything planned just had what I call a major glitch.
Sunwing cancelled the flight we were all supposed to be leaving on. We were supposed to be leaving on Friday, August 7th, but I guess because of the economy they have cancelled that flight. So they have now had to switch us to Sunday August 9th. So it's been pretty confusing and stressful lately dealing with all the guests and their complaints. It sucks for some of my guests who booked seperately without our TA as they will be there 2 days before the rest of us and have to leave 2 days before we leave. But what can you do?
I just hope this doesn't happen again... would really suck if our departure date got changed for a third time.....sigh
But other than that everything else is booked!!!! Just waiting to hear back from Jazzmin that everything is still okay for the 11th since we now arrive on the 9th instead of the 7th.
If it makes you feel any better the exact same thing just happened to us, except we are less than 2 months away which makes me extra mad!!! Nolitours/ Air transat just cancelled our Sunday departure, and now only have a Saturday, which departs from Edmonton and not Vancouver!!! Talk about stress. I can't believe an airline would do this to us less than 2 months away from our trip date. And to make matters worse, my travel agent doesn't seem to think its that big of a deal because its only a one day difference. But I had planned for everyone to meet in Vancouver, now they either have to take an extra flight, or get to Edmonton!!!!! So not what I needed to find out on my birthday... what a day.censored.gif

Sorry but I had to vent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

happy birthday heidi! hope your day gets better. here's a bunny bunny.gif

 

yup happened to me too. our friday may 8 flight from calgary is full but they just cancelled the sunday may 10 flight so my aunt has to find another package there.

 

AND even worse, FI's parents did have a package flying out of halifax may 10 which got cancelled. so now they have to fly from moncton to toronto, stay overnight, fly to cancun and do the same thing coming back. plus it was an extra $1000 cuz of the toronto connection. totally sucks but nothing you can do. i feel bad their trip is so much more expensive than ours cuz there's no flight options.

 

question: how terrible an idea is it to go to coba and akumal beach the day before the wedding? it's practically the only day we can go so everyone can go as our guest excursion. and i'd really rather everyone go before the wedding, not the day after.

 

i know i'll be tired but is there anything i need to do the day before that i don't realize? i emailed jazmin to see if she needs me that day but still waiting for her reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nyssa, i dont think i would really be into a full day tour the day before the wedding. you'll be so stressed, and a lot of tours dont get back until late evening.

 

plus, what about rehearsal and dinner? ususally the night before....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coba is not a quick tour, by any means. You are talking about a FULL day tour... and I'm not sure doing Coba and Akumal beach in the same day is possible. Maybe Tulum and Akumal beachhuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
Coba is not a quick tour, by any means. You are talking about a FULL day tour... and I'm not sure doing Coba and Akumal beach in the same day is possible. Maybe Tulum and Akumal beachhuh.gif
or even tulum ruins and tulum beach, as they are both on the same site, and both very close to GBP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by calchik View Post
happy birthday heidi! hope your day gets better. here's a bunny bunny.gif

yup happened to me too. our friday may 8 flight from calgary is full but they just cancelled the sunday may 10 flight so my aunt has to find another package there.

AND even worse, FI's parents did have a package flying out of halifax may 10 which got cancelled. so now they have to fly from moncton to toronto, stay overnight, fly to cancun and do the same thing coming back. plus it was an extra $1000 cuz of the toronto connection. totally sucks but nothing you can do. i feel bad their trip is so much more expensive than ours cuz there's no flight options.

question: how terrible an idea is it to go to coba and akumal beach the day before the wedding? it's practically the only day we can go so everyone can go as our guest excursion. and i'd really rather everyone go before the wedding, not the day after.

i know i'll be tired but is there anything i need to do the day before that i don't realize? i emailed jazmin to see if she needs me that day but still waiting for her reply.
We were thinking of a day trip with guests also... it was a toss up between one of the ruins like you were saying, or maybe just all heading into Playa del Carmen for the day. I guess I'm wondering how we're going to transport people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewax15 View Post
Hi ladies! Sorry it's been a while since I posted on here, been uber busy!!

So we still have everything planned just had what I call a major glitch.
Sunwing cancelled the flight we were all supposed to be leaving on. We were supposed to be leaving on Friday, August 7th, but I guess because of the economy they have cancelled that flight. So they have now had to switch us to Sunday August 9th. So it's been pretty confusing and stressful lately dealing with all the guests and their complaints. It sucks for some of my guests who booked seperately without our TA as they will be there 2 days before the rest of us and have to leave 2 days before we leave. But what can you do?
I just hope this doesn't happen again... would really suck if our departure date got changed for a third time.....sigh
But other than that everything else is booked!!!! Just waiting to hear back from Jazzmin that everything is still okay for the 11th since we now arrive on the 9th instead of the 7th.
OMG... that sucks. Good luck with getting all that straightened out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are thinking of just having everyone hop on Collectivo's and all meet at Tulum for the day. The ruins are goregous, and the beach amazing. I've been bragging to everyone about the beach as it was just ranked #10, by travel destinations 2009, best beaches in the world. I figure then people could come at their lesuire and stay as long as they want. I did want to pay for the trip but still figuring out the best way to go about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone doing their stag or stagette, while down in Mexico. My FI was thinking of going golfing with the guys, and I was thinking of a day at the spa with the girls, then all meeting up at a club later?? Anyone have any cool ideas or suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

  • Topics

×