Photo

programme fan question...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 caroline

caroline
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

Somebody had posted pictures of their programme fans... and I can't for the life of me find the thread!

Their 2 outer sections (cover?) were more of a plastic material (as opposed to heavy card stock) and they had somehow 'stamped' or 'imprinted' a pattern onto the material.

Can anyone help me out with this? I want to know:
    - what the material was/is
    - where one picks up the tool to do the impression work

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

#2 Myda77

Myda77
    • 821 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hi, maybe you can find it in here. I think I remember seeing the same thing. I hope this helps.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t16710
      Maida & Tomas
      Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

it was Sarah's, so cute. i'm not sure if she did them herself or got them from aylee.

but i have seen the exact template floating around on here..

(i edited this because i would rather support/promote our own Sarah, i didn't realize she makes those now too as part of her blooming business!)

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

It was mine... it has an embossed cover. I did them each by hand, although you can buy paper with that same look- much easier!

Here's my original post when I was planning my wedding over a year ago:
        http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t3567

I also now make these for people that are DIY-challenged :)

#5 caroline

caroline
        • 697 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Thanks so much, Sarah! You're the best!

And be advised... I'm going to give them a whirl - but if they don't turn out right, I'll be hunting you down!

Can I ask how heavy the paper you used was? For some reason I had it in my head that it was a plastic of sorts! And did yo emboss the fans AFTER printing them out?!

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

I use 80lb cardstock. The embossed leaves aren't printed. I do cut them out before I emboss them...

#7 caroline

caroline
            • 697 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Can I ask what size eyelets you used? And do I need to add eyelet 'washers' in order to keep them secure?

I had been thinking of laminating each page and wonder how that will work with the eyelets? Are 6 laminated programme pages going to be an issue?!! Too many & too thick?! HELP!

#8 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

I'm trying this out as well...I was wondering what headings you use on the different pages...So far I have "Bridal Party" and "Music" and I'm not sure what else....any suggestions?
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

I used brads, not eyelets. I just used a hole punch, and put the brad through.

#10 caroline

caroline
                  • 697 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate it. I would like to avoid the way the brads look on the rear of the programme... (that unfinished look) Is there a solution to this? (which is why I was thinking eyelets) I am SO not knowledgable about crafting...

deznchris2006 - I'm kindof having the same problem myself! Don't know what to put on there to fill it up! I like the look of 6 sleeves though.
                    I think I've seen some ceremony information... readings, order of events, processional music, etc. I could really do w/some suggestions too! HELP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users