Photo

Finding the strength to continue to plan my wedding

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

I am so, so sorry. If you need anything, ask. My biological dad passed away when I was pregnant and it was horrible. Please take the advice of Jamy and others and concentrate on yourself for a while. Again, if you need anything...

#42 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

i'm so sorry for your loss. my thoughts are with you.

#43 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

Wow - what a shock to have happen only weeks after celebrating such a joyous occasion as your engagement.

i am truly sorry for your loss.

i suggest putting the wedding planning on hold - you need time to grieve and come to terms with your loss, you will know when it is the right time to begin planning again. just gather information and take it all in.

xoxox
        alyssa

#44 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
        • 815 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
          http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
          Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
          Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#45 stefnicole

stefnicole
          • 544 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. HUGS!

#46 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

I'm so sorry, there is nothing anyone can say that will make it better.

I lost my mum 8 years ago and the only way I got through it was to focus on something else, and that was getting my dad through it.

Grieving is a personal thing, I never needed to do it because I thought well she might not be physically here but she is here anyway so i've not really lost anything. Sounds weird but its true yeah i miss the hugs but never miss the love because it is still exactly where it always was with me.

Harsh but sudden was probably the best for your dad, its crap for everyone else left, but so much better than pain if he had been around.

Take a deep breath, get through the funeral, and plan for your future. Think of it like this. If your dad were still here he'd be really involved and would kick your arse for saying you didn't know what to do and how you were going to keep planning. He will still be there to help you and be there when you walk down the aisle just not in the way you would like.

Stay strong xx

#47 Karen

Karen
              • 1,308 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

I am so so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I agree with everyone else. Don't worry about your wedding right now. Just focus on taking care of yourself and your family.
                <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#48 starryeyedbride2b

starryeyedbride2b
                • 111 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I would suggest taking the time you need to grieve, but keep in your mind that you will pull through this. There have been weddings planned in short periods of time, so don't feel rushed.

#49 caroline

caroline
                  • 697 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

SgtPepperette, I am so very sorry for your loss. Don't quite know what to say... I cannot even begin to imagine.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family~

#50 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                    • 2,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

I'm really sorry about this, take your time to figure things out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users