Questions you asked your wedding coordinator
Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:37 AM
Can you think of any crucial important questions to ask the wedding coordinator. I am getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios....Just trying to get some tips/heads up.
Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:54 AM
I could help you out with this when I return however it appears as if isn't alot of time between our weddings ;-)
Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:56 AM
Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:59 AM
If it is something you feel you will use often, save it to your hard drive. Otherwise you are charged the 50 points everytime it is opened.
Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:51 AM
Best of luck to you!
Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:06 AM
After we had checked in we ran into Chandlyn as we were getting on the elevator. She saw us holding the dress and introduced herself. She asked us for our room number and said she would call to schedule a meeting. She called within 10 minutes and set up a meeting for the following day.
The meeting went very smooth and lasted maybe 25 minutes at the most. We had brought our own flowers, decorations, and photographer so we didn't have to deal too much with those details. We knew exactly what we wanted (thanks to all the good tips we got from this forum) and she was very accomodating. The next day we dropped off all of our decorations and supplies in her office. I seperated everything into specific bags (ceremony decorations, dinner decorations, etc.) but I did not give her any specific guidance. I remember just telling her here is all of our stuff, you do this everyday so I trust you to make it look nice. Well she really came through. The way she decorated everything looked great. Our guest were really impressed with the dinner decorations. My mom was really concerned that the restaurant (Mammee Bay) was just going to look the way it did every other day we were there. She was really impressed with what Chandlyn did and how she was able to transform our area into something special for us.
All in all I would suggest using this forum as much as possible to get some of your questions answered so that way when the time comes to talk with Chandlyn you know excatly what you want or need from her. Before we left I made a list of questions for Chandlyn so at the meeting I pulled out the list to make sure I didn't forget any details. I would advice doing that so you don't forget anything during the meeting. I think she is very busy and appreciates when people are prepared.
Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:54 PM
You brought your own flowers...I want to do this, was it a hassle to get everything down there?
I see that you just got married, congratulations!
Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:28 AM
It can be a pain in the butt trying to get all of that stuff there. I had my mom buy some of the decorations in CA and bring them with her so that helped a lot. Her friend brought all of the floral decorations and the rest of the stuff we divided amongst friends and family here. We ended up with two checked bags each and lucky for us they did not weigh them at the airport because I know they were all over weight.
Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:41 AM
2. What does it include?
3. What are the ceremony site and reception site options?
4. What are the alternatives in case of rain?
5. What kind of flowers and pricing are available?
6. What kind of music is available?
7. Can you have a private reception/away from the rest of the resort goers and at what price?
8. What kind of food is served on the menu? Can it be a la carte/served or is it buffet-style? Can you pick and choose what is served?
9. What kind of cake flavor do they have/can they make a cake that you send them a picture of?
10. Do they have your wedding date and time available? (this one is crucial lol)
11. What is the cost of a guest pass/day/night pass for any guests not staying at your hotel (most resorts have these)
12. Do they charge extra for bar use?
13. Do they have cocktails and hors'deurves and at what extra cost?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users