Photo

Economy sticking a cake fork in bridezilla?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 NYJen

NYJen
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

I hope none of you think I was offended by any of your comments. I definitely wasn't. I just didn't want any of YOU to be offended (or think I'm crazy) that I spent as much as I did. Seriously, Cabo is sooo freaking expensive and when we knew we were having a small group, we figured we could take our NY budget and go a little more over the top for the few guests that we had.

No one needs to explain themselves here. No one is offended, ok?

#22 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by NYJen
      Hell yeah NY wedding are expensive!!! In fact, most weddings I've been to here cost more than that. I've been to weddings that are well over $100,000. And they're beautiful, but not much different than weddings that cost a fraction of that. Ok, maybe there are more flowers and a band (rather than a DJ) but that's about it.
      Actually to be honest most of the weddings I have been to here are over $100,000 too but I didn't want to sound like a snob. LOL. So I used the lowest number of all the weddings I went too. Actually the $60,000 wedding I went to had a DJ but all the other ones had bands. I think NYers just go a little crazy. Its very "keeping up with the Jones' here".

#23 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

I think NYers are crazy- period. LOL no just kidding. I had a fabulous time when I visited NY. Granted, I don't think I could afford to live there, but I sure would like to try for a bit.
        Happily married since 2008

#24 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NYJen
          I hope none of you think I was offended by any of your comments. I definitely wasn't. I just didn't want any of YOU to be offended (or think I'm crazy) that I spent as much as I did. Seriously, Cabo is sooo freaking expensive and when we knew we were having a small group, we figured we could take our NY budget and go a little more over the top for the few guests that we had.

No one needs to explain themselves here. No one is offended, ok?
          LOl. Jen don't worry no one is offended. I was just making sure my comments came out the right way.

Cabo is very expensive. I remember reading that at some hotels a drink is like $15! That's insane if your trying to get drunk!

#25 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
            I think NYers are crazy- period. LOL no just kidding. I had a fabulous time when I visited NY. Granted, I don't think I could afford to live there, but I sure would like to try for a bit.
            NYers are crazy! That's what makes us NYers! LOL.

#26 alex

alex
            • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

LOL glad we're all good & nobody is offended!!

I think it depends on lifestyle too & location ALOT. Where I live, $100,000 could buy me an ENTIRE house, not only help pay a mortgage!!!!!!

#27 marip123

marip123
              • 211 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

When I was growing up in New Mexico, all the weddings I went to were at some rental hall like the Elks club or something like that and using paper products, and a cash bar, but that never stopped anyone from having loads of fun. The weddings I went to were always full of music, cheesy and all, and dancing and everyone having a great time.

I like to watch platinum wedding, and FI doesn't quite get why. I think it's fun to see how people can spend so lavishly, but i'm not jealous or wishing. I'm quite happy with what we have been able to put together for a moderate amount of money.
                This wedding we're having is so fancy for me, but it's nice to have a smaller crowd and be able to have two dinners, two open bars at a beautiful hotel. I"m really looking forward to it. I think we're spending around 18,000 to 20,000, but that' s for everything. Accommodations for us and our wedding party, welcome dinner, ceremony, favors, two week stay, etc. The way it was going, I thought it was going to end up being a lot more, so I'm pretty happy with the money situation, although our original budget was 15,000!
                After this is over, time to save up for a honeymoon with the 2 of us!
                Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#28 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

I live in NY, there's NO WAY I'd be able to get married here for $28,000!!!! We were looking at at least 35-40 and that was bare bones. I guess other states help bring that average down...I wonder how much the NYC area average is...
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#29 ericaandsy

ericaandsy
                  • 259 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

$28,000 on average for a wedding?! Thats ridiculous! YAY FOR DESTINATION WEDDINGS!! :)

#30 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                    • 2,183 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

great article!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users