Photo

ROR Beach Party

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

For the ladies who have already been to ROR, do you remember where the Friday/Saturday night beach party is held? Is it closer to the activity pool or the infinity pool? I want to have the poolside reception, but I am afraid that there might be too much going on, with the beach party music and entertainment on a saturday night? Thank you!

#2 Birdie07

Birdie07
    • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

It's on the beach closer to the infinity pool but its on the beach. So I don't think there'd be a problem.

#3 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
      • 215 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

The beach party was Saturday night when we were there (2 weeks ago.) The party is kind of in the middle of the beach, closer to the quiet pool but far enough away that it shouldn't be an issue with being too loud.

#4 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
        • 933 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

they also change the day of the beach party if there is a beach reception. there wasn't even a beach party when we were there. we had a beach reception one night and someone else had one another night.
          My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#5 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
          • 78 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

Oh this is so good to know! I really wanted a beach reception, but because of the Saturday beach party, I just assumed this wasn't an option. Thanks so much ladies!

#6 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
            • 382 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:46 PM

My guests and I are going to attend the Beach Party ad part of our "dance/party" segment of the reception. What types of things take place at the party? What time does it go from and to

#7 Jamaica08bride

Jamaica08bride
              • 66 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:31 AM

You may want to make sure that they are in fact having a beach party when you are there. They did not have a beach party the week I was there but that may have been due to wedding receptions.

#8 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                • 215 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

They had a bunch of people up dancing for a while, then they have everyone sit down and watch the performers. THere were strongmen, fire breathers and something else... After the performers, they light the bonfire and start up the dancing music again.

#9 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
                  • 78 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

It sounds like so much fun, I feel like I would not want to have all the guests lose it, when I can just as well have the poolside reception. Does anyone recall what time it starts/ends? It would be great to go down to the beach after the reception for all the entertainment!

#10 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                    • 215 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Most nights, the entertainment starts with a pre-show around 9pm with the actual show starting at 9:30. I can't remember if the same thing applied to the beach party, we kinda showed up after it had already started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users