Sign in to follow this  
camsub

Newbie - From Toronto Going to the Mayan Riveria

Hi All,

My name is Sabrina and just got engaged 3 weeks ago!!! YEAH!! I am so excited. We just had a surprise engagement party that was planned for us this past Friday - which was fantastic. We are looking at going to the Mayan Riveria and it looks like next April 2008. I have done a lot of research on resorts and I think the Barcelo Mayan Colonial resort is where we are going to book. But still wanting to do a little more research to see if there is anything else that we like. So if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Other than the place I am very overwhelmed with everything else that is left to do - so any advice would be awesome.

Wow - engaged 3 weeks and you already have a place in mind?! Impressive - you must be a very decisive person, it took me a long time! CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement - you'll have to tell us all about how it happened! Let us know how we can help you at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsub View Post
Hi All,

My name is Sabrina and just got engaged 3 weeks ago!!! YEAH!! I am so excited. We just had a surprise engagement party that was planned for us this past Friday - which was fantastic. We are looking at going to the Mayan Riveria and it looks like next April 2008. I have done a lot of research on resorts and I think the Barcelo Mayan Colonial resort is where we are going to book. But still wanting to do a little more research to see if there is anything else that we like. So if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Other than the place I am very overwhelmed with everything else that is left to do - so any advice would be awesome.
Welcome Sabrina. I am also from Toronto and there are a few of us. So, if you need help, we are here for you.

Good luck with all your planning, you will find all you need on this forum for sure.

Welcome Sabrina, I havent looked much into the Barcelo as far as weddings go but have heard some good things from a friend who has stayed there. A couple other resorts around the same price range would be...

Iberostar resorts

Occidental resorts

Like the girls have said I think once you have your resort booked than everything else becomes a little easier.

Welcome-congrats on your engagement we would love to see your ring and hear how he popped the question!!!

Welcome Sabrina! Congratulations on your recent engagement. I am not familiar with that resort but I'm sure there is someone on this forum that can give you some information on it. In the meantime, enjoy your planning and let us know how we can help. smile159.gif

-Glenda