Newbie - From Toronto Going to the Mayan Riveria

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 camsub

camsub
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

Hi All,

My name is Sabrina and just got engaged 3 weeks ago!!! YEAH!! I am so excited. We just had a surprise engagement party that was planned for us this past Friday - which was fantastic. We are looking at going to the Mayan Riveria and it looks like next April 2008. I have done a lot of research on resorts and I think the Barcelo Mayan Colonial resort is where we are going to book. But still wanting to do a little more research to see if there is anything else that we like. So if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Other than the place I am very overwhelmed with everything else that is left to do - so any advice would be awesome.
    Sabrina and Cameron
    April 1, 2008

#2 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

Hi Sabrina! Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your recent engagement!
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

Wow - engaged 3 weeks and you already have a place in mind?! Impressive - you must be a very decisive person, it took me a long time! CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement - you'll have to tell us all about how it happened! Let us know how we can help you at all.

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

Welcome! Picking the date & place is the hardest part, and the rest will be easy with all the help you'll get here! Let us know how we can help!

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by camsub
            Hi All,

My name is Sabrina and just got engaged 3 weeks ago!!! YEAH!! I am so excited. We just had a surprise engagement party that was planned for us this past Friday - which was fantastic. We are looking at going to the Mayan Riveria and it looks like next April 2008. I have done a lot of research on resorts and I think the Barcelo Mayan Colonial resort is where we are going to book. But still wanting to do a little more research to see if there is anything else that we like. So if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Other than the place I am very overwhelmed with everything else that is left to do - so any advice would be awesome.
            Welcome Sabrina. I am also from Toronto and there are a few of us. So, if you need help, we are here for you.

Good luck with all your planning, you will find all you need on this forum for sure.

#6 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

Sabrina!!! congrats on ur recent engagment please let us know how we can help

#7 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:23 AM

Welcome Sabrina, I havent looked much into the Barcelo as far as weddings go but have heard some good things from a friend who has stayed there. A couple other resorts around the same price range would be...

Iberostar resorts
                Occidental resorts

Like the girls have said I think once you have your resort booked than everything else becomes a little easier.
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

Welcome-congrats on your engagement we would love to see your ring and hear how he popped the question!!!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

Congrats and Welcome!!

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

Welcome Sabrina! Congratulations on your recent engagement. I am not familiar with that resort but I'm sure there is someone on this forum that can give you some information on it. In the meantime, enjoy your planning and let us know how we can help.

-Glenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users