Hello from Maryland!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Janet

Janet
  • VIP Member
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

Welcome Jennifer! I'm just down the road from you in DC.

As for keeping your costs below $10K. The best way to do that is invite fewer people! After that....maybe consider an All-Inclusive resort. You might want to do a search for a Budget thread and see how other girls allocated their money.

#12 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
    • 486 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

Hello- Let the plannign begin!

#13 Jen

Jen
      • 144 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hi Jennifer! I'm also in Maryland :) Welcome and good luck with everything, I'm still in the beginning stages and it is super overwhelming at first. We also had a $10k budget but also have a gigantic guest list, so we'll see. Its looking like we won't be able to do it that cheap, but are trying to keep it in the ballpark. Also, there are ALOT of people saying that they are going but I have a feeling that as it gets closer, less people will ACTUALLY go..... Okay, I've rambled on enough.....good luck!!!

#14 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

I think it "could" be done for 30 people with 10k. I guess it depends on if your dress and flight are included in that total. Tammy (host) might be able to tell you some good options for you with that budget (she's a travel agent, and the one who started this forum) I agree with Janet that an AI is probably going to be your best bet.

#15 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

welcome to the forum jennifer!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#16 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

You came to right place to gather information. Everyone here is really friendly and helpful!!

Happy planning!!!
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#17 BayBug

BayBug
            • 852 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:26 PM

Welcome. This website is GREAT. The ladies know all that you ever needed to know about planning a DW. You really need to pick a place that you love. My FI and I chose Costa Rica b/c we love it there.
              Angie

#18 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
              • 433 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

Thanks to all for the hellos and tips!! I'll be sure to ask more questions as the planning goes on.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users