#1 jfwolfe72

• 433 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:10 AM

Hello Ladies!

I just wanted to drop a quick note to say hello and introduce
    myself. I'm Jennifer and got engaged two Saturdays ago! I have
    always planned to do a traditional wedding, but the more and more I
    thought about it, a DW seems the best way to go! We're thinking of
    getting married in May 2008. Also, I have no idea of where to go for the DW....there's SO much information out there! So, I'd appreciate to hear of your reasons for why you chose where you decided to go! As for these message boards, I see a lot of acronyms, e.g., FI - is there someplace I can go to to "learn the lingo?" :-)
    I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all

#2 EDYTA

• 1,277 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

Jennifer!!! Congrats on your recent engagment...you are absolutely right, there are tons of amazing places for a DW. I think the easiest one to do planning at is Mexico but tha also depends on how many people you would be expecting. I'm getting married in Cabo at the Dreams resort you shold definately take a look into Cabo

Happy Planning!!

#3 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:16 AM

Congrats on your engagement. Their are SO many amazing places that I know it's hard to find one. Have you thought about your budget yet, maybe try to come up with that, then we can try to narrow down your choices and resorts. Also how many people do you think will attend?

#4 Christine

• VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

Welcome!!! The first step is deciding where to go. Think about what type of wedding you picture and what type of destination then you can narrow it down from there. Are most of your guests coming from the east coast also? That will help you narrow it down because of flight times and costs.
        Congrats on your engagement, if you have pictures of your ring make sure you post them, we love pictures.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

i will say - the hardest part is deciding on the location and the resort or wedding site. there are brides from all over here who can help (Mexico, Jamaica, Hawaii, Costa Rica, Napa, Arizona, etc.) - let us know what you're thinking and we'll help narrow it down.

here's a starter ...

FI - fiance
          DH = dear hubby or dick head (your pick!)
          STD = Save the Date
          OOT = Out of Town
          DW = destination wedding
          WC = wedding coordinator

i'm sure there's more ...

#6 jfwolfe72

• 433 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

Wow!! Thanks for the good wishes from all three of you! You girls are so fast to respond...that's amazing! I'll definitely heed all of your advice and wisdom throughout this process! How many guests are you expecting to have? I'd like to have a wedding around $10k.....is that reasonable for a nice wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean?

#7 jfwolfe72

• 433 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

OH! And thanks so much for the quick acronyms....that will help to get me started!!

#8 jfwolfe72

• 433 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

Oh....and as for the numbers of people that might attend....I have no idea....we'd probably invite up to 150 people to the reception back at my PA hometown, but we don't know how many people would come to the DW. We were hoping for a very small number of under 30.....but as we tell people about our plans, everyone is saying they'd come!! Aaagghhh!!! This was supposed to be cheaper than a traditional wedding in PA or MD!!

#9 destinationbride07

• 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

and congrats on your recent engagement :)

#10 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                  • 1,430 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

this is the perfect place to be to anwser all of your questions you have!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users