Weather in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dinzers

dinzers
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hi there,

My fiance and I need some feedback regarding the climate in May. We're planning on doing our wedding the last wk of May (Memorial Day wknd) in 2009.

After looking online, it seems hurricane season starts June 1 - Nov 30 and the rainy season is during May. Is this true? Do you think the last wk of May is iffy? We haven't finalized the date, but need the help to make a decision if we should bump it up to the first wk of May instead.

Let me know. Thanks!! :)

d
    Josh & Denise
    May 2009

#2 chicago88

chicago88
    • 699 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

I would definitely check out weather.com. You can put in the city & check the average temps & rainfall by month. This should really help!

Therese & Jay
      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#3 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

Yup- May is typically the rainy season. however many times the showers are brief down pours. I also wouldn'y worry so much about the June 1st date for hurricanes as much as after the second week of June prices tend to go up (school break and wedding season-both at home and DW's).

As stated above check out the historical averages for rainfall in May at weather.com

TA Jennifer

#4 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

I'm getting married in may 2009 as well (Early May though). Can't wait for all those May '08 brides to get back!!

#5 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
          • 716 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

Yup, I'm hoping and praying and crossing my fingers for no rain!!

#6 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
            • 813 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:53 PM

I too am hoping and praying and crossing my fingers for all of you! I'll hope for rain here so that you can get sun there! I just expect the same in return!!

#7 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
              • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:15 PM

I'm getting married Memorial Day weekend 2009 too... hoping for no rain too!

#8 currier73

currier73
                • 154 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:38 PM

I will say that I research this quite a bit before picking a date. May is the rainy season so I was a little scared to pick that month. I originally planned on a feb. wedding (lowest average rainfall) but the prices were a little high. I ended up picking the end of April. Prices tend to drop after Easter. I did check weather.com and trip advisor. Those sites were both helpful. Even if it does rain, I heard that you are safer picking an earlier time to get married b/c it tends to rain in the afternoons.

Heather

#9 msasfraz

msasfraz
                  • 392 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:05 AM

thanks heather for the info... september is smack dab in the middle of hurricane season... wedding sch for 2 so hopefully i will miss any rain that may happen.... fingers crossed... hopefully no rain...

#10 Denise

Denise
                    • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

HELLO

WE WERE IN OCHO RIOS FROM 4/4/08-4/18/08 AND THE WEATHER WAS BEAUTIFUL. WE HAD 1 SHOWER AND IT LASTED 1/2 HOUR AND WAS GORGEOUS AFTER THAT
                      GOOD LUCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users