So Glad I don't date anymore!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

What is wrong with people? He lies about his divorce status & then wants all his gifts back? Hell no!!

I pulled a Jessica many moons ago - but I burned everything in my BBQ (ok, except the jewelry).

#12 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carly
    Maura, "dillhole" just cracked me up. It reminded me of my dad yesterday, he drove me home from work and was calling other drivers, "jerkweed". hahahahaaa, I love goofy names.
    sadly i cant take credit for that -- jose says it and its one of his things that i picked up. he used to watch a lot of beavis & butthead back in the day LOL

#13 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

EW! He gave her all that stuff and is asking for it back? That is a whole new level of jerk there!

She is way better off!

#14 vale

vale
      • 437 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

I wouldn't give anything back, its hers, he gave it to her, it was a gift. He didn't loan it to her for the duration whilst they were together. I'm with Maura, sell the diamonds and do something nice with the money :-)

#15 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

What poor taste to ask for gifts back.. ugh!! I wouldn't give them back either!

#16 EricaG

EricaG
          • 1,915 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

You can't ask for gifts back. If you no longer talk to a friend anymore for whatever reason, do you give each other all the gifts back that you ever exchanged? No!!! A gift is a gift. It would be different if he told her he had these great diamond earrings that she could wear sometimes when they went out, but I doubt that was the case. I'm with many others with selling the stuff that she sould get a few bucks for and getting rid of the rest in whatever manner she so chooses. Burn? Break? Give it to the ex? LOL
            http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
            My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#17 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
              Maura, "dillhole" just cracked me up. It reminded me of my dad yesterday, he drove me home from work and was calling other drivers, "jerkweed". hahahahaaa, I love goofy names.
              I sometimes say a combination of the two- dillweed.

Anyways, I wouldn't give him crap back. It's a freakin gift- not a loaned item. I would advice him to be smarter in the future before giving someone a gift. His problem- not hers.
              Happily married since 2008

#18 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

Quote:
              I def would not return anything. I would march my ass down to the closet pawn shop (or ebay) and sell it all and then go buy myself something super-duper nice to wear as a gift to myself for making it out of yet another doomed relationship.
              I 100% agree! what a loser! yuck! I've been in some pretty bad breakups before but never EVER has anyone asked for the gifts back! Not even in highschool breakups. How old is this guy?!

#19 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
                I def would not return anything. I would march my ass down to the closet pawn shop (or ebay) and sell it all and then go buy myself something super-duper nice to wear as a gift to myself for making it out of yet another doomed relationship.
                I second that. What an ass. He lies & then he wants his stuff back?? Too bad, douchebag!

#20 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

Are you kidding me? what a jerk!!! You know he's dating someone else... Tell her to not even bother giving anything back to him. She should take everything to a pawn shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users