Photo

So Glad I don't date anymore!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

So my friend just called. She broke up with a guy that she thought was "the one." We all thought he was the one too. He had met her parents, became golf buddies with her dad, super sweet to her sis and the best BF a girl could ask for...then she found out 3 months after they were going strong that his divorce was not final (he introduced himself as a divorced man) and that his wife was pushing back on finalizing the divorce now. I advised her to take a break and let him sort out his personal biz before moving forward in their relationship.

Well, they officially broke up this morning over the phone (if she hadn't picked up it very well could have been a very carrie bradshaw moment - you remember the post-it?) so after he hangs up he texts her an asks for all the gifts he ever gave her: diamond earrings, i pod, clothes, tickets for shows they planned to go to in a few weeks..etc.

Who asks for gifts back I told her that if it was going to be a huge dramatic thing maybe she should just leave it all outside her door and tell him he is free to pick it up...if it's still there when he arrives- it's all his
    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
    February 14, 2009

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

What a loser! Why would he want the gifts back to reuse them? Yuck!

#3 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

I lived with a guy for 4 years and when we broke up he asked for most of the stuff he gave me back... but didn't return any of the gifts I gave him of course. What an ass.

I - out of pure immaturity and spite - broke all that sh*t apart and then gave it back to him in several boxes.

#4 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

What an ass! I mean seriously, he is the one who screwed up how ballsy is that to ask for the gifts. She should send them to his not so ex-wife. Thank goodness for fabulous FIs!

#5 happygilmore

happygilmore
          • 576 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

what a slap in the face to ask for the stuff back. I am really sorry for your friend...breaking up sucks!

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

I def would not return anything. I would march my ass down to the closet pawn shop (or ebay) and sell it all and then go buy myself something super-duper nice to wear as a gift to myself for making it out of yet another doomed relationship.

#7 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

I'm sorry for your friend. I would tell her to keep the stuff....can he really ask for it back?

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

ew nikki what a fucking dillhole that guy is! she should tell him to kiss her ass in regards to the gifts. i wouldnt give them back if i were her, or if i did, i would do what jessica did and break them first. she should sell the diamonds and treat herself to a spa day IMHO!

#9 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

I know - poor girl. I would never return anything. It's so immature and I am so glad that it's over because he is obviously an idiot!!!!

Speaking of immature... I only had one guy ask me for something back and that was in high school when i dated the quarterback and he asked me for his jersey back. He never got it despite his threats. I was on the basketball team and I (along with all the 6' girls on my team) walked up to him and said i he wanted to do something about his jersey to "bring it on." So typical of me...talking shit and never doing anything :P
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

ew nikki what a fucking dillhole that guy is! she should tell him to kiss her ass in regards to the gifts. i wouldnt give them back if i were her, or if i did, i would do what jessica did and break them first. she should sell the diamonds and treat herself to a spa day IMHO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users