Photo

Help! Is it poor taste to have my reception at the all-inclusive resort's restaurant?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 shannon

shannon
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

That's what we are doing! We are having 19 guests total -so we are doing a semi-private dinner at one of the restaurants (with food included) and then renting a private space after dinner for the cutting and dancing!

#12 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

I held a private welcome dinner at my resort for our guests (my wedding was off resort property.) Anyways, everyone told me it was a waste of money and tried to convince me to just cancel it so we could just all meet in the buffet. Well geez- I wish I would have saved the money to do that. I was trying to give them a special treat and everyone thought I was just doing too much.

Point of my ramblings- I don't think it looks cheap. Your guests won't care and probably will think it's silly if you paid to make it private.
      Happily married since 2008

#13 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

there was another wedding 2 days after mine held at the resort's buffet. at my specific resort, i would have chosen another restaurant, but i don't see anything wrong with it!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        I held a private welcome dinner at my resort for our guests (my wedding was off resort property.) Anyways, everyone told me it was a waste of money and tried to convince me to just cancel it so we could just all meet in the buffet. Well geez- I wish I would have saved the money to do that. I was trying to give them a special treat and everyone thought I was just doing too much.

Point of my ramblings- I don't think it looks cheap. Your guests won't care and probably will think it's silly if you paid to make it private.
        rachel, where did you have it?

#14 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

We were also going to do this, as it is included in the wedding package, then we were going to have a party when we got hope, because we didn't think many people would come abroad with us. However, most of the family are coming now! So we aren't having a party back home, but paying extra to have the outdoor private reception at the hotel!

I don't see anyone minding that you have your reception at the hotel. Thats the reason people go all inclusive!!

xxx

#15 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lauren c.
            rachel, where did you have it?
            We stayed at the Barcelo. They have their private dinner on their master suite's terrace. It was beautiful, but I wish now I wouldn't have spent the $500 on it.
            Happily married since 2008

#16 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

We are doing it also! So I hope people don't think its cheap but hey they may never know as we are going to have group dinners at the buffet two nights.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#17 serena

serena
              • 114 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

i don't think its poor taste at all, we are only having a small wedding and we are having the free reception dinner.

#18 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

I will be doing the same thing, except I just have to pay for guest who are not staying at the resort.

#19 plumsugar

plumsugar
                  • 175 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

We are totally doing this as well...if it's free, its for me!

#20 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

I don't think it's in poor taste and no one has to know. We can't do this at our resort. otherwise i definately would of thought of it.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users