Photo

Honoring the Grandmother's...what do you think?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

As some of you know, my grandmother passed away this week and my fiance's grandmother passed away a few years ago and we were both really close w/ them. So we would like to honor them at the wedding. I have read through all the past threads about this to get some ideas.

So here is what I am thinking:

We will buy the memory picture frame things that you hang from your bouquet and I will have that on my bouquet for my grandma and then at somepoint before the ceremony I will give my mom a flower (not sure what kind) with one of those picture things on it and tell her to place it on an empty seat next to her and fiance will do the same thing with his mom. This way I incorporate the picture frame thing and the open seat thing (loved them both) and it's nice but subtle...

I just don't know how we should give it to them and what type of flower is best? My wedding flowers are daisies...is this appropriate or should I use a rose?

#2 heather007

heather007
    • 620 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

Is there any jewelry of theirs that you could wear? I'm wearing my Grandma's pearls who passed away when I was younger.

~~

#3 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by heatherjones
        Is there any jewelry of theirs that you could wear? I'm wearing my Grandma's pearls who passed away when I was younger.

~~
        Oh yeah...I meant to ask that too...i have my grandma's pearls (they aren't real) but they are too long and don't go welll with the dress....so I was thinking somehow I could incorporate the pearls elsewhere but didn't know how...maybe in the bouquet or I thought about wrapping them around my wrist a couple times as a bracelet?

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

I think it's a great idea! Did either of them have a favorite flower?

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

Do you know what their favorite flower was? This would be kind of cool to add to the flower. You could totally DIY
            VIBride - African American Wedding Planning

#6 Saraha

Saraha
            • 2,597 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

Michelle, that is a great way to incorporate that into the wedding, its a beautiful way to add it into the wedding.IMO I dont think the type of flower matters, I think what your doing is symbolic enough so maybe use what other flowers we have in your weddings so it all matches.

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Here is a link how to DIY those memory candles
                http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t3593

#8 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Thats a great idea Michelle. Maybe a white rose would be nice. With the pearls, if you are going to wrap them around your wrist, make sure it fits right.. you don't wanna be worried about them falling off your hand.

#9 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

I would either wrap them around your wrist, or around the bouquet. What about re-stringing them and making a choker style necklace and a braclet out of it?

~~

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

I don't think the type of flower matters much. It's symbolic all on it's own. I think your grandmas (and family members) will be touched by the gesture.

As for the pearls, I would wrap them around the bouquet stem. Or maybe attach a charm on one end and have them hang from the bouquet- I have a picture in mind but I can't steal it from the site.

ELIZABETH LLOYD - Photographer
                      It's under Weddings- Cameo & Ryan. 6 photo over.

I stalk my photogs site. haha
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users