• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

I'm a November 2009 bride, and I don't think I'm going to start going hardcore on the diet/working out until about 6 months before...if I try to do any longer than that, I'll crack and totally bail out on everything! I need a short, realistic timeline. I only have about 10 pounds to lose, plus a bunch of tightening up/toning, so hopefully I can do that in 6 months (although it's really hard for me to lose weight for some reason).

#32 heather007

heather007
    • 620 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Davematthews16
      We're getting married on January 7, 2009 at the Barcelo Maya Palace!!!! Where are all of you on your planning so far?
      We are planning for the Barcelo Maya Colonial!!!! Our weddings are like, one month apart. We have the date confirmed, but that's about as far as we got. We need to sit down still and decide which package. I really want to have the supper at the outdoor grill, so we will see.

What do you have planned so far?

~~

#33 cabobridetobe

cabobridetobe
      • 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hey Ladies,
        I'm a February 7, 2009 bride. I'm hoping to loose about 20 pounds before then. I've done weight watchers in the past and hopefully I can maintain the "smaller portions mentality" to get me through the next 20 pounds. I was originally thinking we'd get married in Cabo, but my fiance actually has gone from loving Dreams in Cabo to the Riu Jalisco in PV. He fell in love with the gazebo and that is all he talks about. I really need to decide on a place and get moving because Februray is right around the corner. Any advice on where to start
        http://www.weddingco...uql3cmrhl42.png

Jason is the love of my life!

#34 heather007

heather007
        • 620 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

I hear you about February being right around the corner. I fell off the WW wagon, I'm still losing weight, but very very slowly, so I'm down to 183 now. I need to lose about 20-30 pounds more.

My trick now?
          Exercise
          No beer!!!! (Sobbing)

~~

#35 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
          • 672 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! I am an April Bride (I hope, FI Mother is now saying she can't come...)

Keep up the great work, I am going dress shopping tomorrow and realize it is probably time for me to start a diet as well. Want to lose 10 lb for the wedding, but at least 5. Now I just need the willpower and to stop eating so much! I did run 5 miles last night though....

#36 heather007

heather007
            • 620 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

Your MIL said she won't come? Why?

Congrats on the jogging. I wish I only needed to lose 10 pounds.

~~

#37 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
              • 672 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

The family lives in Ireland and the last time she was here she said it would be her last trip. I have moved the wedding date 5 times for them. They agreed to 4/4 (which neither of us really wanted) but now MIL is not coming as it is too far. This was my first question when I asked them about the wedding if Cabo would be OK. Crazy!

#38 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hey! We're getting married on January 7, 2009 at the Barcelo Maya Palace (Riviera Maya) I'm not on WW either, but have been VERY good at excercising, eating well, and watching my portions! Me and FI do some sort of activity for 60 mins(tennis, walking, ect) 4-5 times a week, and lift weights at the gym. Keep it up girls we'll all look HOT!!! :)

#39 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kerryjbrown
                    The family lives in Ireland and the last time she was here she said it would be her last trip. I have moved the wedding date 5 times for them. They agreed to 4/4 (which neither of us really wanted) but now MIL is not coming as it is too far. This was my first question when I asked them about the wedding if Cabo would be OK. Crazy!
                    You've moved your wedding date 5 times for them and now she is not coming again? Is this something that she does regularly?

~~

#40 KLC77

KLC77
                    • 2,207 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

Hi! I'm January 10, 2009. I'm giving myself until the 6 month mark before I get really serious about exercising and eating right. I've still got a couple of weeks to eat animal crackers dunked in chocolate frosting. (which I'm having right now) lol I used to be a personal trainer so luckily I know what to do... its just a matter of actually doing it. Feel free to pick my brain about exercising! Sounds like you guys are doing great tho. Those are some great results!
                      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users