Photo

Any 2009 brides here?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:35 AM

I'm getting married February 11th in the Mayan Riviera. I've been on weight watchers for the past two months. I have lost a total of 17 pounds. I'm only 4 pounds away from my first 10% target.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

~~

#2 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
    • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

Congratulations Heather!!!!

I am a Feb 14, 2009 bride and we're getting married in Zihuatanejo, MX. I have done WW in the past and I originally lost about 30 pounds on it so I know it works. Right now I have cut sugar from my diet in an attempt to get a little leaner. We're going look great in that dress!!

09 brides rock
      http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
      February 14, 2009

#3 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hi there :) Jan. 17, 2009 bride here. I'm not doing WW, but have been off and on it my whole life. Right now I'm trying to be healthy, get in my 5 Fruits and Veggies and at least 8 cups of water a day...also trying to eat the recomended 25grams of fiber (thank god I love beans!) and I've started doing Walk Away the Pounds Video's at home. Not sure how much of what is going to work, but I'm trying and I do notice a difference in my energy!

Congrats on the 17lb loss!! That's awesome! :)
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

I'm an '09er and on WW as well. I've been going about 2 months too. I'm down 10.8! Yay! I won't let myself even look at dresses until I'm down 25. Now that's an incentive!

17 pounds it great! Keep it up!

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

I'm Feb 28 09 :) I haven't officially started a diet but I've been eating a lot of fruit lately which has helped me drop a few lbs. plus going to the gym.

#6 kellywinter1

kellywinter1
            • 305 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

Hi! I am a May 2009 bride. I am also trying to shed some pounds before the big day. I have battled with weight all my life so I know how hard it is to loose weight. So Congrats on your weight loss. I have dropped a size since I started really being serious about working out which was the begining of April. Keep in mind that loosing weight after you bought your dress can become an issue because alterations can get expensive. Last year I dropped 2 sizes after ordering a BM dress for my pal's wedding and the alterations would have cost more than the dress it self!!!! Thankfully the bridal store was able to give me a new one, although it was off the rack so it had been used for fittings. But good luck with your weight loss and Congrats!!!!

#7 LuvGrand

LuvGrand
              • 41 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Well you guys have me feeling a little guilty. I'm getting married in April of 2009. I'm trying to exercise but I don't particularly eat that well. Maybe I should be dieting too! haha
                My logic is that those dresses really tuck you in and make you look skinny right? Isn't that the purpose? I haven't bought a dress yet so who knows

#8 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:16 AM

I also bought a corset to wear underneath which makes you look like you dropped 20lbs lol

#9 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Wow there are a lot of us.

I battled anorexia for about 10 years when I was younger, then once I hit 20- I got really depressed and gained close to 100 pounds- making me around 240. I know- wowers!!!! Thankfully I met my fiance then and he put me on the right course.

Now, I'm down to 192, and I have about 35 pounds to go. I'm pretty tall and I am built like a football player [my dad used to be a pro] so I'm not suppose to be too skinny. :)

~~

#10 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                    • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by heatherjones
                      Wow there are a lot of us.

I battled anorexia for about 10 years when I was younger, then once I hit 20- I got really depressed and gained close to 100 pounds- making me around 240. I know- wowers!!!! Thankfully I met my fiance then and he put me on the right course.

Now, I'm down to 192, and I have about 35 pounds to go. I'm pretty tall and I am built like a football player [my dad used to be a pro] so I'm not suppose to be too skinny. :)

~~
                      Heather - That is an amazing story!!! Congratulations on commiting to a healthy lifestyle!! I think you have the right attitude and you will be a beautiful bride. Sounds like you have an amazing fiance too!
                      http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                      February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users